Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone start a Summit thread? If not, I apologize - sorry.

https://www.fjsummit.org/index.php

I see the home page is updated with dates (maybe it has been for some time now?). Who is all planning on coming? I plan on coming from Iowa w/ my family (wife, son - 15, and daughter - 11), and we're looking to see quite a bit of Colorado on our way there and back.

I went to the Summit in '08 and it was my first time wheeling - ever. What a rush! I can't remember all the trails I did. I'll have to look back at the forum or my pictures.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,009 Posts
There usually is an official thread started prior to registration, but no reason to not start your own! It’s a great event in an amazing setting with awesome people, so I totally get the excitement :smile I’m planning on attending, driving from VT, for my 5th year in a row :rocker:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There usually is an official thread started prior to registration, but no reason to not start your own! It’s a great event in an amazing setting with awesome people, so I totally get the excitement :smile I’m planning on attending, driving from VT, for my 5th year in a row :rocker:
Vermont?! Five years in a row?! I'm dreading the drive again from Des Moines! (Well, the drive through Nebraska anyway) Ha!

Are there any "must see" things and/or routes I should take from Des Moines? I know we'll want to see a Rockies baseball game and they're in town on that Monday and Tuesday (Wed too, but I hope to be in Ouray by then), but some other things I've heard about or I want to see include:

Rocky Mountain National Park
Pikes Peak
Royal Gorge Bridge
Garden of the Gods
Cave of the Winds Mountain Park
US Air Force Academy
Coors Brewery

Those along with Telluride, Durango & the Million Dollar Hwy, Crawford State Park (last name)... So the plan was to drive into Denver or Estes Park and then around the north/central park of Colorado and down into Ouray from the north. Then leave Ouray from the south and make our way to Colorado Springs for the sites of interest over there. Is that a good path to take? Scenic?

Then the trail runs... IDK which ones to take. I'm not the adventurous type (no Black Bear for us!), but I don't mind pushing my FJ ('12 TT, no lift, BFG AT, etc) and seeing what needs to be seen. I think I did Alpine Loop last time, and maybe California?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Come pick me up on your way !
I have been wanting to go for the last 4 years and can't seem to get there - I can't say where I'll be in the next month let alone 8 months down the road.

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,850 Posts
Deb Moab again???!

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,850 Posts
Vermont?! Five years in a row?! I'm dreading the drive again from Des Moines! (Well, the drive through Nebraska anyway) Ha!

Are there any "must see" things and/or routes I should take from Des Moines? I know we'll want to see a Rockies baseball game and they're in town on that Monday and Tuesday (Wed too, but I hope to be in Ouray by then), but some other things I've heard about or I want to see include:

Rocky Mountain National Park
Pikes Peak
Royal Gorge Bridge
Garden of the Gods
Cave of the Winds Mountain Park
US Air Force Academy
Coors Brewery

Those along with Telluride, Durango & the Million Dollar Hwy, Crawford State Park (last name)... So the plan was to drive into Denver or Estes Park and then around the north/central park of Colorado and down into Ouray from the north. Then leave Ouray from the south and make our way to Colorado Springs for the sites of interest over there. Is that a good path to take? Scenic?

Then the trail runs... IDK which ones to take. I'm not the adventurous type (no Black Bear for us!), but I don't mind pushing my FJ ('12 TT, no lift, BFG AT, etc) and seeing what needs to be seen. I think I did Alpine Loop last time, and maybe California?
Garden of the gods is cool and Royal Gorge is so awesome especially if you zip line(not for me)! The drive between Colorado Springs and Montrose is beautiful just by itself. Too many things to name really. DAMMIT IM READY! :bandit:

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,850 Posts
You gonna rent that cabin again?
Would be nice but I may get another one if it doesn’t work out. If I travel alone I may just camp but I guess we’ll see by the first of the year, Shelly will need to make a decision by then so I can finalize arrangements.

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
I will be there Moab / Summit . Driving a little less than stock FJ . Craw . i would suggest Imogene pass 1 day and drive down into Silverton 1 day .

·
トヨタ Master
6,779 Posts
Would be nice but I may get another one if it doesn’t work out. If I travel alone I may just camp but I guess we’ll see by the first of the year, Shelly will need to make a decision by then so I can finalize arrangements.
Lemme know, I'll probably be riding solo again.

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,894 Posts

·
トヨタ Master
6,779 Posts

·
トヨタ Master
6,779 Posts
I noticed that the registration date is earlier by a month compared last year - March 2, 2019 (Saturday). It's better to put that in our calendar, a matter we might overlook.

Some of us wanna get in! :twak::lol:

1 - 20 of 288 Posts