Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I got taken off the waitlist for the FJ Summit on Monday, and as you can imagine things are really full as far as lodging goes. I was hoping to get a spot in the 4j+1+1 rv park or another park close enough to walk into town. I have a rooftop tent on a 4runner. I was wondering if anyone going has extra room on their campsite that they'd be willing to share? I would pitch in for the price and obviously come with beer =)

I'm 27 years old and traveling solo, heading to the Summit for the first time from Michigan.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
You can look into the amphitheater outside of town, I belive it's primitive camping on a first come first serve basis.

·
Registered
265 Posts
If Amphitheater is full, there is a bunch of dispersed camping at the base of Corkscrew that I've had good luck with in the past. They usually have a couple of portable toilets set up in the area and there aren't any fees that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay thanks thats good to know! I was hoping to get into a spot where i could walk into town but its nice to know that i wont be completely stranded if i show up without having found something.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I have called around to the various camp sites and can get single days at a few of them. I'm really only hoping to find someone else who is going alone or just has extra room to split a site with. May be easier once i get there and can prove i'm not a weirdo haha. Knew it was a long shot but figured i post and see if anyone was up for it =)

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Weirdlander . is not a weirdo . OK

·
Registered
233 Posts
I am heading out to Summit solo from Ohio and I'm 29. I was planning to just get one of the dispersed campsites when I got out there on Monday. PM me if want to get my contact info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts