Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to let everyone know that we are finalizing this now and will hopefully have a tenative trail schedule out by Monday. I know that may be too late for some of you, but there are still a couple of trails that may or may not be open because of snow and we are waiting for confirmation before finalizing a trail schedule.

Let me know if you have any questions !

Thanks !

Seth

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Still waitin on ya Seth....no worries, if I can get a preview version It would certainly make things easier :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Which ones are still snow-packed? Did they plow Engineer yet? It was packed in by an avalanche when we were there in May....

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which ones are still snow-packed? Did they plow Engineer yet? It was packed in by an avalanche when we were there in May....
According to their website;

Trails that are now OPEN:
Yankee Boy Basin
Engineer Pass
Cinnamon Pass
Last Dollar Road
Ophir Pass
Red Mountain Town Loop
Silverton to Animas Forks
Corkscrew Pass
California Pass
Hurricane
Owl Creek

Trails that are still CLOSED:

Anvil Mountain Trail
Black Bear Pass
Governor's Basin
Imogene Pass
Maggie's Gulch
Picayune Trail
Placer Gulch
Poughkeepsie Gulch
Stoney Gulch

Ouray Colorado :: Jeep Road Conditions

But I don't think it was updated since last week.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Because of snow - gawd, that is so freakin awesome........

Sorry, it's 112 degrees...........
Yeah but its dry heat.... :lol: <Sarcasm intended> Been to MCAS Yuma many times in the summer.. Laying under the planes in 126 degrees on the flight line (in the morning).. waiting for our flights to take off.. Then being told to get out from under them by the firefighters cause they needed to spray the napalm down cause could explode at any moment cause of the heat.. :worried:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
damn black bear and imogene:( soooo saddened my heart is:( come on snow melt let's get those open:bananahump-slvrathl how is engineer open and not imogene??? weird

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
damn black bear and imogene:( soooo saddened my heart is:( come on snow melt let's get those open:bananahump-slvrathl how is engineer open and not imogene??? weird
Imogene pass is the highest pass in the area....probably why it's still snowed in......though my guess is they blade the Alpine loop first as it sees more traffic. Hell, you'll be on the Alpine Loop with tons of passenger cars.

Sean

·
Registered
24 Posts
they were working hard on both trails last weekend, with the heatwave that's here now both should be open by now, or darn well close to it, will be by summit time.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Imogene pass IS OPEN as I went over it on the 5th. Black Bear was still closed though.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Good to know. Its on the list....

I'm actually using fluid dynamics to setup the trail schedule....yeah that's scary.

I'm going under the assumption that blackbear will be open, if its not that's OK.

Seth

Yeah, I can confirm that Imogene is opened. They finished plowing it out on the 3rd around noon. About 20" of snow where the plows chopped thru.

Rumors have it that there are some issues on Yankee Boy, but for all intents of purpose the trail is open

Black Bear- Supposedly it is expected to be open by the 14th, and they were hoping for an opening closer to the 10th. But again, this is pending no problems.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Photo Imogene Pass CO July5th, 2007:

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Ya, a buddy at work was camping in Ouray last week, confirmed Black Bear was closed then. This was to be the year I did Black Bear. Done Imogene several times. And twice in July I've been snowed on, one night camping at timberline I got 2-3". Alway likes getting out of Phoenix every summer to play in the snow.

See ya soon!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Ya, a buddy at work was camping in Ouray last week, confirmed Black Bear was closed then. This was to be the year I did Black Bear. Done Imogene several times. And twice in July I've been snowed on, one night camping at timberline I got 2-3". Alway likes getting out of Phoenix every summer to play in the snow.

See ya soon!
MEEE TOOO DAMN IT, MAYBE IT WILL OPEN AND THIS WILL BE THE YEAR:bananahump-slvrathl We can only pray I hope it opens!!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts