Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know when registration begins for the fj summit 2017? any information on the event will be helpful thank you

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm looking for the same...

·
Premium Member
660 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Generally it seems to be the beginning of april. Check their website occasionally, the date will be posted there when they have one. Also, make sure you've got a fast internet connection when registration opens. It was what, 35 minutes before they ran out of spots this year?

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
thanks for the info 35 seconds? ill have to take a day off work to register ha ha
You don't need to take a whole day off. Just 35 seconds.

·
Premium Member
4,686 Posts
thanks for the info 35 seconds? ill have to take a day off work to register ha ha
It's always on a Saturday around ~10AM MST, so as long as you don't work on Saturdays, you're good. Once they announce the date / time just be on your computer hitting refresh 5 minutes before the page goes live. And I'd go ahead and book your hotel room now (anywhere in Ouray is fine), you can always cancel the booking if you don't get in.

Two years ago (the ~37 minutes sell-out year) I registered using my phone in a hotel room in Telluride while getting ready to go skiing. Last year I was on a cruise ship during registration and paid for the internet package all week.

But +1 to @Iconic_ 's note, if you don't get in with the initial group just make sure you get on the wait list. Lots of people from the wait list get in every year.

Still waiting to see if the Summit bosses are going to change up how they do registration this year, last year's ~30 second sell-out was unprecedented.

Either way, good luck! Ouray is an amazing town and this is a well organized event, come for both the trails and the people / vendors. If you're just coming to offroad, there are definitely less crowded times to be there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts