Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did any body from SOCAL attend the FJ Summit? Was it worth the trip?

·
Registered
671 Posts
It was TOTALLY Worth the Trip! You meet so many good people out there and you learn mor from experience on how to use your FJ. It also helps that there are many experiences FJ Drivers out there to help you along with the Trail Team. It was an experience of a life time and I can't wait til next year to do it again.
Did any body from SOCAL attend the FJ Summit? Was it worth the trip?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yes, and hells yeah!
There was quite of few So Cal peeps out there. I am definitely trying to make it again next year. The trails and scenery were just beautiful, bigger and greener than anything I have seen in CA, but not too challenging at all. The best part was all the new friends you will now have from many different places. The organizers were top notch.

Here is a small taste of my experience...(warning there is an "F" word that slipped in:)"
Imogene Pass on Vimeo

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I turned it into a mondo-family vacation. It was me, wife, 2 kids, and 2 in-laws. We had an FJ and a Dodge Caravan.

For a family vacation, there were good and bad points, but everyone had a great time. I think if I went back for the summit, I would try to have it be just my wife and I.

Going to Ouray when there is no summit would be worth a trip too. It's a beautiful part of the country that I'd not seen before.

Be cautious on the trails, but don't get spooked by the locals. I did, and it made me more nervous than I should have been.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
OH HELLMUDAFREAKINJESUSHCHRISTONARUBBERCRUTCHYEAH!
It was that good.

·
Registered
467 Posts
OH HELLMUDAFREAKINJESUSHCHRISTONARUBBERCRUTCHYEAH!
It was that good.
X2! :rocker: This was my 2nd year and I can't wait for the third! Look at some of the picture threads and that will speak volumes as well. I also had the honor of joining a group of SoCal FJs in a caravan to Ouray.

Personally, the trails were great fun, the scenery was awesome, but the people and friendships I forged are priceless!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That sounds great ,I hope I can go next year. When do they start registration? Also some one said that it was easy trails ,were there any hardcore crawling trails?

·
Registered
815 Posts
That sounds great ,I hope I can go next year. When do they start registration? Also some one said that it was easy trails ,were there any hardcore crawling trails?

There are more trails up there than a person can run in ten years... None of the sanctioned run trails were difficult when you got past the heights.

There are definitely extreme trails up there. You need to learn the area and hook up with the locals to find most of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts