Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been a long time owner and lover of the FJC. My first FJC was a 2007 silver and white.

I first bought it when I lived in Puerto Rico and it followed me all the way to Texas!! my only regret with my first FJC is that I did not get the 4x4 version (it was extremely costly in PR to get 4x4) so after 10 years and 120K miles I decided to upgrade.

After doing a search I wanted to get a 2014 FJC with the whole 4x4 package. I looked far and wide and finally found the perfect rig.

it had 38K miles on it, linex roof, front and back bumper, Toyota TRD lift kit, 21" Rims and AMP AT Tires all for a great price!! so I traded my first FJC love for my current obsession... my FJC TONKA :cheers:

So I drove 250 miles up to Oklahoma city and picked up my new beast!!

I have had Tonka for about 10 months and it is the best car I have ever owned!!

I immediately started to dream and compile the upgrades I wanted.

Current Upgrades:
  • Ipad mini in radio console (3D Printed and fabricated by yours truly) 3D Template
  • 3d Printed "Tonka" Emblem
  • Bushwhacker Fender Flares - painted with Rust-Oleum® Peel Coat® Rugged Coat
  • Blackout Hood decal
  • Blackout Toyota Emblem

Hood Decal, Tonka emblem and Fender Flares:

Well some of my other upgrades have been cosmetic but here are the pics:

Fender Flares

Future Upgrades:
  • Warrior Front Bumper
  • Smittybilt 98495 XRC Synthetic Rope Winch - 9500 lb. Load Capacity
  • Warrior Skid Plate
  • Smittybilt 614850 M1 Rear Trunk Bumper for Toyota FJ Cruiser
  • Offroad garage Air intake system for FJ cruiser
  • Main skids - 2010-2014 FJ Cruiser 5 Piece Combo, Regular Gas Tank
  • Rear dif - Diff Skid Plate | 07-14 FJ Cruiser | BudBuilt Off-Road
  • Baja Rack All Flat Utility Rack for FJ Cruiser
  • all-pro FJ Cruiser Rock Sliders

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome. Love the cement with black roof. Great job on the iPad mount, do you still jse the stereo underneath too?

Yes I kept the original radio since the iPad connects via Bluetooth. I got the Wi-Fi only iPad and got a garman glo for GPS and use the hot spot on my iPhone.

If you are interested in using the 3D template I will be making some minor mods to it so you don’t have to do so much fab work specially on the back. Also use ABS plastic not PLA as the summer heat will warp the PLA ....

Garmin GLO Portable GPS and GLONASS Receiver with Vehicle Power Cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AYAZENY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_BgIZAbDQS3B0W

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: FJ Tonka Project - Ipad Mini 4 Slider - FJ Cruiser

Ipad Mini 4 Slider - FJ Cruiser

3D Template
*** I recommend using ABS, I used PLA and it warped a bit and had to make some mods. ***
Accessories:
I purchased a replacement Radio and AC console of ebay for $80 so I dont have to cut my original console.
created the 3D model and printed it in two pieces.

I cut out the shape and glued it and added filler and sanded to shape

Had to do some grinding and fab

Fit Test

I tried to paint but that was a bust, So I decided to use vinyl wrap and it turned out great!

·
Registered
328 Posts
That center Console is pretty sweet. You might have a nice little side business considering most of us cannot or will not tear the center console away so bravely. Excellent mods!

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Nice work. I really like the Ipad install. How does it connect to the speakers and thumb controls? Details man! Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice work. I really like the Ipad install. How does it connect to the speakers and thumb controls? Details man! Thanks

You have two options:

Option 1:
Yes stock radio.
This connects via Bluetooth to the radio and you can control volume via the steering wheel controls. Also via the iPad ( the iPad volume at least)

Option 2:
Get a head unit like this one Pioneer DEH-X6900BT Vehicle CD Digital Music Player Receivers, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KKHSYGE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ULu0AbHGYFBYE

It’s 1 din so you need to get the adapter and you can control the radio via the pioneer iOS/ Android app and also a remote control.

Both option requires you to push the head unit a couple of CM back so the iPad can slide in front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
iPad Slider Console Complete Bolt on replacement kit.

Ok folks I will be creating a full Replacement center console kit and will be making them available in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned for link to our Store. Will be updating this Post with picture as the prototypes start to come together. This will fit ALL FJC of all Years!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Did you ever start making these custom consoles? I have been looking for something like this and came across your YouTube video and was able to find this post. I would definitely be interested in purchasing one of these consoles if you have any available.

Also, in your video you said you pushed the factory radio back a bit to allow for space to mount the iPad. How did you push the radio back?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts