Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Black interior + 110# Alaskan Malamute = tons o fun

but were used to it, and I owm stock in lint rollers so its a win win.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Two Jacks, 14lb female and a big 20 lb male. He isn't fat, he has a big chest and is tall, 16". I don't let them loose in the truck. They stay in their crates when traveling to trials and such.

Both dogs family lines are from hunters and racers. The female's father had just killed a beaver and brought it home when the kids were picking her up from the breeder. The male is from a JRTCA breeder whose father was a racer and a hunter - competed in hunting events as well. His mother was an English import that hunted foxes.

They both have explosive speed and agility hence why they are being trained for agility competition. We timed the female on a 40 yard dash at a local high school football field, she did in 4.09 seconds. She is quick for a 12" JRT. Our male is a rescue that we took in to help the owner out. She also had his aunt.

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Got 3, a 45 lb, 10 year old Border Collie, a 50 lb rescue mutt and Clancy, the angel baby,another Border Collie at 35 pounds and 8 months old! Gosh I love my FJ. It is doggy, bomb proof!!!!

Kim

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
How can this be one of the best?
No dog windows to roll down so they can hang their head out like in a 4door suv. The plastic back of the seats. My golden slides all over that if i don't have a towel over it. And then the hump where the seats meet the back cargo area.
The ONLY plus i can see is no carpet.

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
No dog windows to roll down so they can hang their head out like in a 4door suv. The plastic back of the seats. My golden slides all over that if i don't have a towel over it. And then the hump where the seats meet the back cargo area.
I do hear you Layton. I just overcome the few shortcomings to get the pups around without worrying about dog hair!!!

Kim:bigthumb:

·
Registered
80 Posts
yeah, the seats do hold the hair, i bought a gate thing for the back as my 2 english mastiffs (Barrett 160#, and Barretta 120#) used to kill all of my seats. Barrett thinks he is a lap dog so I had to do something to get him off me...lol

B

·
0 Posts
I agree. It's waaay over-rated as a dog carriage. Previously, the rear storage was used for doggy duty but had to take all my gear out whenever the pooch was invited. Due to that hassle I keep the gear in the back and flip the rear seats forward so my 180# mastiff can hang in the flattened rear passenger area. He slides around on the hard plastic and has no place for fresh air. I actually feel bad for him back there. Once, I tried to have him sit in the rear seats but he slipped off the bottom cushion and dragged has claw down the vinyl. He left a 3" tear on the first try.

I like the FJC, but for doggies, it's no better than average. If it had roll down rear passenger windows and a tailgate like the 4Runner than it would improve a bunch.

·
Registered
39 Posts
one main reason i got my fj was for my dogs...they def. didnt like getting up in the high ass bed of my last truck.

"milla" is a 110 pound komondor

"yukon" (the real yukon)...(yeah i stole my name on here from him, but he doesnt mind) is 140+ pound great pyrenees

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 20lb boston terrier, black and white.

When I am in my FJ, he is riding shotgun for sure, he's ma boy!

Everywhere we go, I get comments the the FJ and comments on how "cute" my dog is.

I look back at the person throwing the compliments with the straightest of faces and say, "Yea, he's pretty cool, they were giving them away to match the truck when I bought it.....you shoulda seen the blue one".

The looks I get to this are priceless, people are so unsure what to think. I just get in my truck(FJ), drive away, and laugh my ass off thinking of the perplexed person still standing in the parking lot.

Oh....and he lays across the dash of my FJ while I'm out of it. (No scratches yet).

To those complaining about the FJ and its pet utility, have you thought of other vehicles and how they are for pets. Remember the vehicle is made for people not pets and the FJ does a great job for pets, not many better choices out there, pickup is the only one I can think of. Its a stock vehicle built for transporting people, transport designed for pets is a kennel.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Pet hair in your seats? I found this to be a problem too. I bought the faux-leather covers with the FJ logo stitched in them. They are yellow and black and match the Sun Fusion - a great fix to this problem - just wipe em clean...

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you don't want your dog or dogs sliding around I recommend this Suv cargo cover from Petsmart. Just add a cheap foam style bed underneath for some padding.
Waterproof SUV Cargo Liner - Travel - PetSmart

Here is the best car alarm ever invented, he can hear a cricket fart in the front yard from 200 feet away. Poor dog had to go plant shopping with his mom. The umbilicle cord only stretches so far from our house.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 17lb jack/beagle mix. She sheds everywhere so I've found the carpetless cargo area to be really helpful, especially with the white hair on the black seats. I bought a dog bed from Petsmart that fits PERFECTLY in the cargo area (takes up the whole thing) so she doesn't slide all over the plastic and it's comfy for her with longer trips too.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts