Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had our 2007 FJ off the road and want to sell it, it is in very good shape and was very sound mechanically when it got parked in our yard when the plates were turned in. However just the other day I was unable to start it like normal (in the parked position) however when I shifted it into neutral it turned over. What would cause this to happen if it was just sitting and off the road? I want to fix whatever this is before selling it to someone. Never had this happen before so I am assuming it is only from being not driven and sitting in our yard. Any suggestions on what to look for or buy to fix this problem?

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Pretty sure it will have something to do with the 'safety switch' that prevents FJ from starting in gear.

I don't know the particulars for the FJ. @FJtest

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Are you sure it was fully in park? If so their may be a problem in the neutral/park switch that's attached to the side of the transmission. Hopefully you didn't have little critters feasting on the wiring while it was parked in your yard.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you sure it was fully in park? If so their may be a problem in the neutral/park switch that's attached to the side of the transmission. Hopefully you didn't have little critters feasting on the wiring while it was parked in your yard.
Wow....We did have a chipmunk get underneath our RV camper and get into the wiring there. Maybe we need to take a closer look at it. Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can this park/neutral switch be seen under the hood or underneath the FJ itself? Not sure what to look for. And if I find it, how does one know it went bad?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts