Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
reason why i say that is the "Advantage FJ comment"

The reason why im posting this video is because it illustrates an issue im having. I call it "dog legging". On a steep decent, if one wheel falls into a rut or hole, ill lift the rear into a butt clenching freakout fest. Last time this happened i was told the rear tire was chest level with my spotter. What can be done to relieve some of this lift? thanks

Video

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
From what I see in the video, the rear of the FJ isn't over the hump yet and when you roll forward, it seems to be pushed higher into the air...where as the jeep is already over the hump with the rear and doesn't get pushed.
The shorter wheelbase of the jeep seems to be an advantage in this case.
Maybe you need to shorten the FJ :lol: make it a 2 door.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I don't really have an intelligent answer to your question besides guessing that it's the nature of an IFS front end and limited articualtion? Removing the sway bars will give you some more wheel travel, but not a "chest height" amount of it.

I found this balancing act on the youtube though to illustrate the ultimate "dog leg".

Chalk it up to a factory option from Toyota that makes the FJ even more exciting to drive! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts