Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all. i don't have my Cruiser yet - my Brick 2011 model is being custom-built for me in Osaka as we speak. :D my specs didn't seem unusual to me, but i guess because of the way Toyota distributes its vehicles and regulates its dealerships, the only way to get just what i wanted here on Long Island - even though it was already sitting on a dealer's lot in Taos, NM and probably in some other US locations too - was to order it direct from Toyota. so i don't have my Cruiser yet, but in a month or so i expect to take delivery of a truck built just for me. and i expect i'll have some questions. and comments. and pointless random thoughts. and i'll want to post them somewhere. and this looked like at least as good a place as any. aren't you lucky?!

;)

so...hi!

walt
future cruiser

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome to the gang.... and congrats on the new rig!

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Welcome to the community Walt!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Welcome, fellow "soon to be FJ Owner"! I'm waiting on my 2011 TT, so I feel your pain.

·
Premium Member
16,932 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
24 Posts
:cheers:Welcome. It is customary to post photos of your rig on this site.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Welcome Walt. The wait will go by quickly.:lol::mecry:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey fellow newb! Picked out and purchased my Brick today! Will post pics soooooon!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Welcome aboard. :wave:

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Welcome to the Madness! I would like to compliment you on your color choice!!
Over the next Month or so I am sure you will be surfing the threads and get all wrapped up in Mods ,gizmos and what nots we have done or added to our FJ's.
Enjoy!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Welcome and congrats!! Now just make sure you wave at all other FJs on the road, its rude not to....that goes for the rest of ya too!!

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thank you, everybody. :)

what i was looking for that i couldn't find - if you can believe it - was basically just an FJ with both a Brick paint job and a manual transmission. i could find one in the odd far-off state, but neither i nor my sales guy at my local dealership could find one in this region, and since Toyota dealers can only grab vehicles from other dealerships within their own region, i was out of luck.

:mecry:

recent development: since my dealer told me Toyota had stopped production of the FJ because of the earthquake/tsunami, i found the truck i was looking for in MA (i'm in NY), put down a deposit on it today, and expect to take delivery around Thursday - photos to come. :clap: turns out the vehicle may not be *quite* everything i desired - i.e., no rear locker - but i'm not even sure i'm going to be doing serious wheelin', and if i find i am, i'm not averse to putting in an aftermarket locker (or two) and just doing without A-TRAC. my truck has TRAC and VSC and i expect those will do me fine for on-road and easy trail work.

right now, i'm just looking forward to sitting WAY up high over the traffic again...and driving a vehicle i'm madly in love with. :D

thanks again for all the welcomes, and sorry i didn't reply sooner - i seem to have auto-subscription turned off for some reason. off to fix that now!

w.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts