Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found an adapter to use our fj wheels on a M416 trailer without changing axle and/or hubs? or hubs that will fit and accept our wheels.

·
Registered
325 Posts
etrailer can help

You need to measure your spindle at critical spots to match up a 6-lug FJ-match hub. I did this for a utility trailer and bought hubs from etrailer (no affiliation) - worked out good. The FJ wheels are hub-centric, but virtually no trailer hubs are, so I cut and lathed 3/16" thick steel disks to the proper diameter, drilled and tapped the hub (cast) and attached them. Might be overkill, lol. Also, had to use SAE thread lugs, so I have trailer lug nuts and FJ lug nuts. Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
978 Posts
These are what I run. I don't run stockers though. Running 35's with Toyota lugs.
Things to be aware of, they will cause your tires to stick out more than you would like.
New wider fenders may be needed.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This may be what I need. Were you able to use the factory lug nuts for both the trailer and the fj wheels? I have an M100 trailer with the round fenders and I would not mind the tires sticking out a little further as long as they do not rub. I am running KO2's with an overall diameter of just over 32 inches.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I purchased aftermarket lug nuts to fit. I'm ptrtty sure they are 1/2-20 thread lugs.

Yeap they are

Item specifics
Condition:NewBrand:LNG
Adapter Stud Size:1/2-20

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I purchased aftermarket lug nuts to fit. I'm ptrtty sure they are 1/2-20 thread lugs.

Yeap they are

Item specifics
Condition:NewBrand:LNG
Adapter Stud Size:1/2-20
This is a new nut for the fj lugs or for the trailer part?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts