Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
get it fixed tomorrow or it will spread

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Ouch. Is it still growing / expanding?

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
50 buck deductible on comprehensive coverage
only cost me 52 bucks a year for both our FJ's
& is WORTH every penny when it comes to the
windshield replacement costs...

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Hey your record is better than mine! I'm 0-2. :lol: I can tell you that one of mine spread and one did not. Exposure to freezing temps and the defroster is what did the spreading for me, so you may be okay for the summer.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Ah Paul that sooooooooo sucks.......Hey, read about your comp ded. but, stop and talk to that Windshield dude at the car wash next to Arco. He may be able to wave your deductable....Tim

·
Registered
779 Posts
sorry if i seem out of the look... but that FJ looks like it has 2 wipers... my 07 has 3 wipers... is this a 08 thing? or just how the pic looks.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
sorry if i seem out of the look... but that FJ looks like it has 2 wipers... my 07 has 3 wipers... is this a 08 thing? or just how the pic looks.
Nope, it has three also... I think the one is lifted out of the way to show the crack better.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Nope, it has three also... I think the one is lifted out of the way to show the crack better.
Now that I look at it good I see you are right... I see 3 .. sorry..

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm wondering??? Do you have a OEM brush guard?
I did and my windshield seemed like a rock magnet. I had 5 chips and a crack in 4,000 miles. After I put on an ARB Bullbar I havn't had any in the last 7,000 miles. It's got me thinking maybe the aerodynamics are different.

·
Registered
78 Posts
3 cracks for me. They all started below the wiper. Got 2 under control but the 3rd is a problem, its about 12 inches now. Dont have the coverage but does anyone know if I call up and add it will they inspect beforehand. If I would have known the big problem I sure would have gotten the coverage but with 4 other vehicles and the last 30 years and hundreds of thousands of miles have never needed it. 10 thousand miles on the FJ and I would be on my 4th winshield if not for being so cheap.

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
3 cracks for me. They all started below the wiper. Got 2 under control but the 3rd is a problem, its about 12 inches now. Dont have the coverage but does anyone know if I call up and add it will they inspect beforehand. If I would have known the big problem I sure would have gotten the coverage but with 4 other vehicles and the last 30 years and hundreds of thousands of miles have never needed it. 10 thousand miles on the FJ and I would be on my 4th winshield if not for being so cheap.
More than likely not. I think it all depends on who you are with. Geico didn't do an inspection on any of our cars when we added them, but when we had AIG through a local agent he inspected and photographed the car we were adding before writing up the policy.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
our ins. will send someone out to repair the chip/star/crack with NO out of pocket $$$. If the crack still spreads then we would have to pay the deductible to have the thing replaced. So far all is good in our windsheildland!! only a few/many pits!! :)
ps. on all the crack repairs we have had done in the past on other vehicles it was hard to tell where the problem was when they finished (except on a huge one 2"star with a 6' crack!, but it never spread after the fix). This was the cheaper way for us to go as we had a $500 deductible back then!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
ahhhhhh a dead center hit! must have been fate

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
^^^ Very kool, no need to take it somewhere
when they do it on the fly !...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts