Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to do a body lift on my 2007 fj. Its currently sitting on a Fox 3in lift with 285/70/17s. I like the way it looks but I feel it needs a little more height just for looks obviously. From what I have read Both the 1 in BL and the 1/2 in BL are good but i cant seem to find any one running 285s with them. I will be running a front tube bumer which im sure will be ok with the gap but is there a way to fix rear bumper gap?

please if you have 285 70 17 or similiar sized tires with a 3 in lift+1or1/2 body lift post pictures. I have searched for pictures but could not find any

thank you!

my baby

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,939 Posts
The 1/2" is great. It is such a tiny difference that if the 1/2" is going to make that clearance issue go away...just do it. All the extra crap you have to adjust for a 1" isnt really worth it. There is no bumper gap problems with 1/2"

Ive got 295s but this is the 1/2" BL difference

This was a good thread on taller ones...1.25 and 1.5": http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/4x4-off-road-tech/79484-body-lift-install-w-pics.html

Edit: you might have seen this one...there is Wikids, but he had flares: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...ch/118303-3-lift-1-body-lift.html#post1768832

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 1/2" is great. It is such a tiny difference that if the 1/2" is going to make that clearance issue go away...just do it. All the extra crap you have to adjust for a 1" isnt really worth it. There is no bumper gap problems with 1/2"

Ive got 295s but this is the 1/2" BL difference

This was a good thread on taller ones...1.25 and 1.5": http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/4x4-off-road-tech/79484-body-lift-install-w-pics.html

Edit: you might have seen this one...there is Wikids, but he had flares: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...ch/118303-3-lift-1-body-lift.html#post1768832

wow looks great! good to know about 1/2 in having no bumper issue and yeah ive seen both those threads. I dont think the 1/2 in will fix my clearance problem for sure a full inch will but i think the huge bumper gap is an eye sore. Wish there was some sort of sturdy bumper relocation brackets or some thing, ive seen the warrior products rear corners w/1 in body lift but i wana say those will only fit there bumpers.

sweet looking rig man

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,939 Posts
I think with a 1" you can work with the OEM bumpers...there is some give. SpeedRye on here mentioned for the rear you just need to add about 1" of foam over the internal steel bumper and then put the bumper back in place...I am sure its a tight fit, but it sounds doable. I think up front, you can raise just the steel bumper on the frame horns by raising it up one row of bolts.

Still have to add in the steering shaft spacer and drop the radiator shroud. I think any 1"+ kit will come with those parts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think with a 1" you can work with the OEM bumpers...there is some give. SpeedRye on here mentioned for the rear you just need to add about 1" of foam over the internal steel bumper and then put the bumper back in place...I am sure its a tight fit, but it sounds doable. I think up front, you can raise just the steel bumper on the frame horns by raising it up one row of bolts.

Still have to add in the steering shaft spacer and drop the radiator shroud. I think any 1"+ kit will come with those parts.
Well I have a nfab tube bumper on order and plan on doing a rear smitty built. So I guess il go half inch pray it fixes my hitch clearance issue. Maybe go with a roof bike rack. Was just hoping to find a less expensive way around this issue, wich would have been a lift. thanks man!

·
Registered
531 Posts
In my opinion youll want bigger tires than 285 for sure. I have 295s and dont even have a lift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts