Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,I am going today to purchase a 2008 FJ and want your greatly appreciated opinion on my decision. Just my wife and I and our Rottie,do you think this is a good dog friendly vehicle? We go to the Lake and take him with us everywhere....My Chevy is past repair....sooo what do you think,please help ????? Joe:wave:

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
Plenty of room in the rear but you may want to consider the new freedom windows for the smaller back windows. So you Rottie can stick his big head out :bigthumb:

index They are a supporting vendor too

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Not very good at all for a dog...can't open the back windows unless you replace them with after market products.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Yes, the FJ Cruiser is very dog friendly! The rear entry is low enough for an easy jump in. My GSD and Lab-like mutt do very well in the back cargo area. Usually, they will snuggle in and lay down after the 1st mile or so.

They are why we developed the FJ cargo barrier in the first place.

Contrary to previous posts, the safest place for your dog...and you is confined to the rear cargo area or buckled in a restraint. Obviously the safest transport involves an actual crate.

I really dig the freedom windows...it would be nice if they made an option for the rear windows.:bigthumb: (Big Hint!)

Doc

·
Registered
23 Posts
We have a 70 lb and he loves the back of the FJ. I often leave the back seats down unless I have a passengers in the back. Plenty of room and 'no carpet' for hair to cling to. Muddy paws? no problem.

I like the idea of the aftermarket windows, will look into that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
works great for my pitbull just open the back window and put carpet down form sliding around

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts
George, my Staffordshire (pit breed), has given no complaints. Plus, because of the way the interior is designed and constructed, it's a really easy clean after a day at the lake.

Be careful about what slider/rock rails you may put on. I have Metaltech because there aren't any gaps for my dog's legs to slip through, plus they're constructed very well.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Aloha from Cali! I've got two Boxers who can't wait to get in the back. I love that pet barrier but don't really have a use for it as they don't jump over the seats.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
:wave: Welcome--The wife refuses to ride in the back cargo area.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts