Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what does FJ mean?

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts

·
Banned
2,051 Posts
oh yeah FJ120 if you are wondering is the FJC.

side note from here:
Toyota FJ40 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i found this to be interesting:
Today the J40 Series is prized for its compatibility with General Motors products. Not only does the J40 accept the same 6 lug wheel as GM, but the transmission is also compatible with the Chevrolet small block engines, including the 307, 327 and 350 cubic inch models. This allows for engine changes and upgrades, a viable option as surplus engines and engine components for the original J40s are becoming scarce.

----

but did you know that Toyota built "Jeeps" early on to help production numbers? And when they became popular enough to sell to civilans, "Jeep" didnt like Toyota using the name.. so they had to rename it -- thus the "foreign jeep" hysteria most people chime in with.

alas... it is just an engine and body style designation

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
This discussion has been posted a while back. Use search function to find.

cheers,

dale

·
Banned
2,051 Posts
saigonsmuggler said:
FJ120 is the Prado, and not the FJC. Right? Even though the FJC and Prado share some components, calling the FJ120 the FJC would amount same as calling the 4runner as a FJ120?
Good catch. Yeah... it was sarcasm from the new FJ badge thread.

·
Registered
191 Posts
haha ok gotcha. Weird, from reading that thread it's like some of us are embarassed about the FJ Cruiser name. Wtf?

Maybe I dont feel that way because I didn't buy the FJC based on its FJ "lineage" (real or perceived). Toyota could have called it the 4sprinter for all I care. I bought it based on its excellent offroad capabilities (actually it was awilson's stock FJC at general sam's that showcased those capabilities to us and we decided to buy after that), and its much better on-road manners than my rubicon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts