Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed the fjammer in place of my lesser radio,now im ready to install the rear speakers.im not a big audiophile so what i guess 3.5s can i use in the rearpillars that dont have clearance issues and wont need a amp to run? i already have the speaker grill covers. i have searched and there is so much diff. stuff said im in sensory overload :indifferent:

·
Registered
159 Posts
were there already wires run for the rear speakers? I was thinking of swaping my "lesser" radio for the fjammer also

·
Registered
309 Posts
What ever you install, keep in mind that both the FJammer and the lower end radio don't have that much power. Unless you plan to amp your set-up, you would need high efficiency speakers otherwise you will hear distortion at higher volumes (or worse).

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What ever you install, keep in mind that both the FJammer and the lower end radio don't have that much power. Unless you plan to amp your set-up, you would need high efficiency speakers otherwise you will hear distortion at higher volumes (or worse).
what about these JLs?
Speaker Specifications:

Speaker Size: 3.5"
Design: Coaxial Speakers
Tweeter Design: 1/2" Textile Dome Tweeters
Tweeter Composition: Neodymium
Woofer Composition: Polypropylene Cone
Woofer Surround: Polyether Foam
Sensitivity: 83 dB
Frequency Response: 130 - 22,000 Hz
RMS Power Handling: 25 watts
Peak Power Handling: Not Stated
Impedance: 4 ohms

·
Registered
624 Posts
I've been looking at the TR series as well. I had the XRs in my durango and they were great, but this go round I think I'm going to try to keep the amp count down to the bare minimum. I wonder if you can fit the 4" version back there.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also looking at the infinity kappa
3.5" 2-Way Loudspeaker
- Power Handling : RMS 35 Watts / Peak 105 Watts
- Impedance : 2 or 4 Ohms
- Frequency Response : 85Hz - 25kHz
- Sensitivity : 95dB
- Mounting Depth : 1-9/16

1 - 12 of 12 Posts