Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an FJammer to put into my 80 series Land Cruiser.

The stock HU uses one white plug but has another rectangular white plug not used. There are also two gray plugs behind the dash as well, one rectangular, and one square.

The FJammer accepts both of the gray plugs. If i plug the rectangular one in, the Fjammer fires up and starts playing normally. If i plug in the square plug, HU won't power up, and does nothing.

Problem is with the single rectangular plug (20 pin i think) it sounds fine until you go past level 20 on the volume, then there starts to be a lot of "crackling" coming through the speakers.

What might be causing this?
The stock unit does have an amp near the glovebox that most folks disconnect when they add an aftermarket HU. Would the stock amp with the FJammer be possibly causing this?

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Most likely you're sending too much power to the stock amp's input since it's only designed for a low power input. Do you have pictures of the plugs?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Well, I assume the amp powers the speakers directly and if it's unplugged then I expect that the speakers wouldn't get any power at all. Try it though, it can't hurt. Are other guys unplugging them and rewiring the speakers when they go aftermarket? Or are they just unplugging them?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Are you plugging into the two plugs in the center?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts