Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I wanted to ask, has anyone ever had any issues w/ their FJammer stock stereo? I noticed that when I'm playing a CD (real or burned), the lit up part just says "no title"... the track number doesn't even show up. Is that normal?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...also a few times when I start up the car, the screen has either been blank, or filled w/ what looks to be jumbled code (symbols and other nonsense)... tho the stereo still functions fine, its kinda annoying. Usually all it takes is turning it off and on again to get back to normal.

Are these signs that my FJammer is about to conk out?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't tried the text button... I'll start w/ that and check back in. Thanks for the info! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Mine was replaced under warranty because it looked like japanese language in the display and it would just shut off some times or volume didn't work.
________
Kemekohot

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks SwiCago... the 'text' button got my track numbers back :) but just for reference, should it say 'no title' when its in that 'text' mode? I thought that CDs (at least ones that you buy, not burned) have something embedded in them that is supposed to relay track info (artist, song title, etc.) to the stereo??

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FJ&TJ_Dude, that sounds like the dealio that mine's starting to do... volume still works though... functionally its just fine... its all the display. So you think when it gets to that point replacing the system is all that can be done? I'm definitely not under warranty anymore :(

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Thanks SwiCago... the 'text' button got my track numbers back :) but just for reference, should it say 'no title' when its in that 'text' mode? I thought that CDs (at least ones that you buy, not burned) have something embedded in them that is supposed to relay track info (artist, song title, etc.) to the stereo??
Your welcome....and no, 99% of all CD's will not have TEXT information. It was not part of the redbook standard when CDs were created and was an after thought...like those enhanced CDs. That was an after thought too.

Out of all of my 700+ CDs I own, only two actually have TEXT info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts