Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 FJ - SB M1 Bumper | SB XRC Winch | Rancho RS 5000s
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I just replaced the head unit in my 2010 and forgot there was a CD still in it. Yeah, yeah, I know CDs dead but I want it back!
Does anyone know which pins are power and ground? I can then hook it up to a power supply and eject it.

Ok, you may now ridicule me for the CDs. :p

·
Registered
471 Posts
The pic is not of an Fjammer but it (pioneer out of a 2012) uses the same connectors for power and speakers. IMG_20200623_233407627.jpg

This is with the four pins as top row

-------------------------------------------------------------------
It appears from images of the fjammer the 10 pin connector has the 6 pins as top row
(third pin in from left is ground)
and 4 pin as bottom row
(third pin in from left is power)

both head units use the metra 70-1761 , 71-1761 harness - but one is plugged in differently

good luck

·
Registered
44 Posts
My FJammer has 4 CDs stuck in it but will not play them or recognize them to eject them & says “No Disc”. Can’t load additional discs into it either.

Any suggestions how to rescue my trapped CDs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pic is not of an Fjammer but it (pioneer out of a 2012) uses the same connectors for power and speakers. View attachment 1132700

This is with the four pins as top row

-------------------------------------------------------------------
It appears from images of the fjammer the 10 pin connector has the 6 pins as top row
(third pin in from left is ground)
and 4 pin as bottom row
(third pin in from left is power)

both head units use the metra 70-1761 , 71-1761 harness - but one is plugged in differently

good luck
Thanks Chumley! You rock! I'll try it out tomorrow. (y)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My FJammer has 4 CDs stuck in it but will not play them or recognize them to eject them & says “No Disc”. Can’t load additional discs into it either.

Any suggestions how to rescue my trapped CDs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, no! Have you disconnected the battery to see if it resets the FJammer?
If that doesn't work, sadly, you may need to tear it apart.
Are you set on keeping the FJammer? If so and yours is done for, maybe we can work something out for you to get mine. It's in perfect condition.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Thanks Chumley! You rock! I'll try it out tomorrow. (y)
just some more info - to ease my mind.

I used a magnifier to look inside the connector on the head unit today and the pins are numbered in there.
Pin 3 is power and Pin 7 is ground (when i have mine hooked to a power supply i also used pin 4 for memory) pin 9 and 10 are not numbered.
The diagram on page 236 of the EWD (audio system) shows E41(A) connector pin 3 ACC (power) and pin 7 Ground

Good Luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I used a magnifier to look inside the connector on the head unit today and the pins are numbered in there.
Pin 3 is power and Pin 7 is ground (when i have mine hooked to a power supply i also used pin 4 for memory) pin 9 and 10 are not numbered.
The diagram on page 236 of the EWD (audio system) shows E41(A) connector pin 3 ACC (power) and pin 7 Ground

Good Luck
Chumley, you are an absolute gem! Coming through with schematics and all.
You're making this too easy! Thanks!
(y)(y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Good Luck
Thanks again Chumley! Got the CD out. For some reason I had to hook ground to pin 6, what shows in your pic as 'amp ground'. Not a problem though, with your pic of the connector and the color sheet, I was not afraid to try pin 6.
You gave me everything I needed!

You are an asset to the forum! Keep up the good work!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts