Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My FJammer has a sat button. I have an external xm running into the aux. Is there a way to use my stock stereo for a sat receiver?
what is the best way to go for a replacement if that wont work. thinking about bleutooth also.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I did the above setup with my Sirius stiletto. While it is nice to control it with the head unit the sound is much worse and sounds very compressed. From what I've read it might have to do with the fact that the input goes through the AM connection. Just a warning. I will be replacing the head unit to try and get a better sound.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
There was a pretty extensive thread on this a bit ago when I first bought mine in July. Do a search in the Stereo section. I had the same thoughts as well when mine was new and I did try a XM product that required you to run a two or three wires, and then ran through the FM mode of the deck. I really did not like it, sent it back. Too many wires and the sound quality was probably not going to be that good either.

Hooking up the Jammer is 200-300 dollars at the dealership and does require some equipment as well. Should all be in that previous thread! Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts