Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi,
has any one tried the TRD oil filter? does it really add more protection or increases the oil flow to the engine?

High Performance Oil Filter PTR43-00079

Thanks
Ghazi
I put one in on my 1st oil change on my 2011. It appeared to be high quality and of better construction than the OEM filter I removed. I plan on using a TRD again for my next oil change. That said, I can't really speak to any "performance" benefits from the TRD filters.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply.
yes i agree with you about the quality, but if you noticed the trd one is shorter than OEM. and if its proven that it will provide more engine protection i will start using it.

·
Premium Member
6,520 Posts
thanks for the reply.
yes i agree with you about the quality, but if you noticed the trd one is shorter than OEM. and if its proven that it will provide more engine protection i will start using it.
Are you saying the TRD canister filter is shorter than stock? How can that be without changing the canister itself?

DEWFPI

·
Registered
917 Posts
The OEM filter element is something like $5. Dealership says it's ok to run 10K just like the 0-20. I'm thinking with the TRD filter you will get better gas mileage because you wallet will weigh less:jester:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Are you saying the TRD canister filter is shorter than stock? How can that be without changing the canister itself?

DEWFPI
sorry for the delayed reply, i had to wait till the next engine oil change
no it's my mistake i was comparing FJC filter with Secoya :rofl:

The OEM filter element is something like $5. Dealership says it's ok to run 10K just like the 0-20. I'm thinking with the TRD filter you will get better gas mileage because you wallet will weigh less:jester:
hhhh you are right, and honestly i found the trd filter is a quality but the OEM filter fits better.

i think i'll continue with EOM filter

thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts