Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I might add

4HL - 4-Wheel Drive / High Range (Locked Center Case MT Only)
4LL - 4-Wheel Drive / Low Range (Locked Center Case MT Only)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Since everyone here prefers to use abbreviations...

RTT = Roof Top Tent
TTSE = Trail Teams Special Edition
TTUE = Trail Teams Ultimate Edition (Had to be the first to point that out; LOL)

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
What a useful thread that I just discovered today!
I must come out of my lead lined cave more often.

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
My All-Time Favorite "Ranger Speak" ... FIDO (F_k It, Drive On)
for when All Appears Lost, and Nothing is Working the Way it's Supposed Too...FIDO, Keep Pushing Forward without Regard for Life, Limb or FJ! Up and Over :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
One we used in the Army was LCHM when doing a radio check. "Loud and Clear. How Me?"

That was always done in "Military Phonetics", so it was "Lima Charlie Hotel Mike."

However, that morphed into "Lickin' Chicken. How's your Mama?" Especially with the Southern boys!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
HUGELY HELPFUL!!! Thank u thank u! It can be some deep waters to navigate when you jump right in :) but glad to do it! Y'all make it so easy!

·
トヨタ Master
5,794 Posts
How about adding T3q for all the new Toyota owners.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Wow, old thread raised from its sleep.

"How about adding T3q for all the new Toyota owners." - I prefer "TEQ", it is easier to say, and still makes one do a double take to grasp the katakana spelling of "Toyota" isn't something in romaji after all.

If "TEQ" were to be added, then "710" (oil cap) should be too.

In England, "ICE" is the radio (in car entertainment), but also means "internal combustion engine", so maybe if regional acronyms were added the list would quickly become endless...

·
Registered
396 Posts

"How about adding T3q for all the new Toyota owners." - I prefer "TEQ", it is easier to say, and still makes one do a double take to grasp the katakana spelling of "Toyota" isn't something in romaji after all.

In England, "ICE" is the radio (in car entertainment), but also means "internal combustion engine", so maybe if regional acronyms were added the list would quickly become endless...
OMG! :eek::eek::eek:

I can't believe I didn't know what "t3q" is.

Thanks for setting me straight :bangin:

·
トヨタ Master
5,794 Posts
OMG! :eek::eek::eek:

I can't believe I didn't know what "t3q" is.

Thanks for setting me straight :bangin:
It's not t3k or TEQ. It is Japanese symbols for the words "To Yo Ta", and with the original symbol, such as that under my forum name, "To Yo Da", which is the original name. Toyota Motor Corporation was founded in 1937 by a man called Kiichiro Toyoda, and it was named after him. The reason why it is called "Toyota" and not "Toyoda" is that people thought it sounded better and it also meant that the name could be written in Japanese with eight strokes of the pen. Consider yourself educated. :cheers:

·
トヨタ Master
5,794 Posts

^^^See Above Response^^^

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Further detail about that point: if it is spelled in katakana like shown in the above post, with 8 strokes, it says "TOYOTA".
If it also has a little "umlaut" at the end, it spells "TOYODA".

Attached is a little .jpg to illustrate that.

Also attached is an image of the kanji "TOYODA", which takes a whole lot more than 8 strokes.

Norm

Attachments

21 - 40 of 41 Posts