Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I'm the F'ing New Guy on the block, here's my story. Read it if you want, move on if you don't. I've never been a car fanatic but for the first time in my life, I think I'm in love with an inanimate object. I bought a Toyota Camry back in '03 because I knew I was going to marry the woman I was dating and she had 2 kids...one in a car seat and the other in a booster. It was time to be practical. Long story short, she checked out last year and I was left driving a family car with no family. Fast forward to December 27th. Myself and my 2 mutts were coming back to Nashville from a quick trip to see my family in West Virginia. I blew a tire and slammed head on into the side of a bridge in Bardstown, KY. The car was a total loss. The first accident I have had in 22 years turned out to be a blessing in disguise, I went car shopping. I had no idea what I wanted...NONE. I didn't want the same crap everybody else was driving. My friend Judy suggested the FJC and the first one I looked at online didn't appeal to me at all for various reasons and I shamingly discounted looking at any more. After over a week of looking at this and that, I stumbled across a White over Black Cherry FJC with the top rack and I dug it. I poured over this and that on the internet trying to make sure I wasn't crazy for wanting it and I finally made up my mind...this is what I'm getting. Late in the evening I discovered that it was a 2WD. Okay, I'm sure in some parts of the country that's okay but not for me. Back to the search. I finally found another one that was acceptable however, not exactly my first choice. I went to Kelley Blue Book to see how bad I was going to get ripped off and typed in FJ Cruiser in the wrong field. KBB suddenly presented me with several FJC's for sale nearby. One was White over Army Green with a top rack and everything I wanted at a Dodge dealer. A 2010 model with 21K miles for the same price as the 2008's I'd been researching with the same mileage. SCORE. This thing was freaking cherry. Clean as a whistle, clean Carfax report and a dream to drive. I bought it on the spot. I swear to God, I have just gone out into the driveway, started it up and sat in it without going anywhere. I know this is only the 2nd day I've had it but I have never felt this good about any vehicle I have ever bought. I dare to call it sexy.

Okay guys and gals, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'm glad to be here and open to any advice you more experienced folks may be able to provide. I'm the newb and I'm not too proud to ask for help from y'all. Tips? Tricks? Do's and dont's? I'm all ears! Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

-Hal

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Welcome you FNG!! lol :)

Good story! Congrats and again, welcome!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
17,002 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
13,483 Posts
Welcome! We were all FNG's once.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Part of your initiation is to present us fellow members with pics. Do so and it will increase your standing.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
:wave: Welcome. Pics are required from all FNG's.:rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome to the club!

KyFJGuy

·
Registered
1,195 Posts