For your entertainment I've collected some links to some of the more popular threads below
- Rule 1 of the FJC forums.
Can you sleep in it? - yes, technically it's possible, but:
- If your camping : bring a tent.
- You are not going to break down so why not just drive it home?
- You are excercising good trail manners and going wheeling with your buddies, so why not just drive it home?
- If you meant recreational excercise ... yes, and Air is the resident expert (after performing extensive polling) on the methods for removing the stains from the seats.
- Rule 2 of the FJC forums.
How much weight will it xx
- Weight will be given in Troy pounds, or Fat Chicks, Volkswagens or some other valuable, handy, and totally arbitrary measurement system.
- Alternatley it will be pointed out that you really wanted to know about density, which will then also be explained in terms of Hummers per Madison Square Garden.
- Power output by the inverter will be measured in Quartz Halogen Spotlights, or Orbital sanders per hour.
- Rule 3 of the FJC forums
Painting the Roof
- Will be tolerated... but you will be considered strange.
- Rule 4 of the FJC forums : Running 83 Octane fuel / Break-in period / Oil Changing information
- If you have a question about petroleum based products. ANY question, Kansas Law Dog will provide phenomnelly vaulable, insightful and relevant information in excruciating detail about things you never thought you wanted to know.
- And yes, the Yellow gets better Gas mileage too
- Rule 5 of the FJC forums : Car seats
- Rule 6 of the FJC forums : There is NO rule 6...
- Rule 7 of the FJC forums :TRAC / ATRAC / Fulltime vs Part Time AWD / Lockers/ Solid Axles / Recovery points
have all been discussed before. To a rather signifigant level of technical detail. In the end the answers are (respectivley):
- once on the second thursday of the month (for city driving, if you play in the mud, as needed)
- Rule 8 of the FJC forums :If you ask about the MPG you are obvioulsy looking at the truck for the wrong reasons.
- Rule 9 of the FJC forums : Truck height, Lift kits, ARB bumpers, Sliders, Steps and Rails, exhaust changes , Wheel choices and tire choices
- Are all cool toys, yes we would like to see more of them, no we don't want to see the same ones over again.
- However, we have already expressed opinions about the instrument cluster.
- Further, Large Rims, while ultimatley a personal style choice don't belong in the 4x4 discussion thread. Stick them in Visual instead.
- Rule 10 of the FJC forums : There IS a search function, but nobody uses it.
- Rule 11 of the FJC forums
- Rule 12 of the FJC forums
There will never be a forum bumper sticker that everyone will agree on.
- Rule 13 of the FJC forums
If you bought the 4x2 you are still expected to play in the mud, and then show up all the folks who rely upon 4x4 and nifty gadgets to get their collective vehicles over "bumps" in the trail.