Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For your entertainment I've collected some links to some of the more popular threads below

1. Rule 1 of the FJC forums.
    Can you sleep in it? - yes, technically it's possible, but:
  2. Rule 2 of the FJC forums.
    How much weight will it xx
    • Weight will be given in Troy pounds, or Fat Chicks, Volkswagens or some other valuable, handy, and totally arbitrary measurement system.
    • Alternatley it will be pointed out that you really wanted to know about density, which will then also be explained in terms of Hummers per Madison Square Garden.
    • Power output by the inverter will be measured in Quartz Halogen Spotlights, or Orbital sanders per hour.
    How much does it weigh modified unmodified GWVR
  3. Rule 3 of the FJC forums
    Painting the Roof
    • Will be tolerated... but you will be considered strange.
  4. Rule 4 of the FJC forums : Running 83 Octane fuel / Break-in period / Oil Changing information
    • If you have a question about petroleum based products. ANY question, Kansas Law Dog will provide phenomnelly vaulable, insightful and relevant information in excruciating detail about things you never thought you wanted to know.
    • And yes, the Yellow gets better Gas mileage too
  5. Rule 5 of the FJC forums : Car seats
  6. Rule 6 of the FJC forums : There is NO rule 6...
  7. Rule 7 of the FJC forums :TRAC / ATRAC / Fulltime vs Part Time AWD / Lockers/ Solid Axles / Recovery points
    have all been discussed before. To a rather signifigant level of technical detail. In the end the answers are (respectivley):
    • Yes
    • Sometimes
    • once on the second thursday of the month (for city driving, if you play in the mud, as needed)
    • Rear
    • Rear
    Tranman's thread does a great job explaining the differences in traction modes.
  8. Rule 8 of the FJC forums :If you ask about the MPG you are obvioulsy looking at the truck for the wrong reasons.
  9. Rule 9 of the FJC forums : Truck height, Lift kits, ARB bumpers, Sliders, Steps and Rails, exhaust changes , Wheel choices and tire choices
    • Are all cool toys, yes we would like to see more of them, no we don't want to see the same ones over again.
    • However, we have already expressed opinions about the instrument cluster.
    • Further, Large Rims, while ultimatley a personal style choice don't belong in the 4x4 discussion thread. Stick them in Visual instead.
  10. Rule 10 of the FJC forums : There IS a search function, but nobody uses it.
  11. Rule 11 of the FJC forums
  12. Rule 12 of the FJC forums
    There will never be a forum bumper sticker that everyone will agree on.
  13. Rule 13 of the FJC forums
    If you bought the 4x2 you are still expected to play in the mud, and then show up all the folks who rely upon 4x4 and nifty gadgets to get their collective vehicles over "bumps" in the trail.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
As per Request: addendums:
* = off site
(flash) = requires Flash player.

·
Registered
463 Posts
It has taken me a month or reading thousands of posts and here you have accurately summarized all the information in one post... genius... or madness... your post count should increment exponentially if you keep this up ;)

·
fka JimmyHoops
2,839 Posts
Fantastic post! Truely comical...but a great way for newcomers to seek answers to frequently asked questions.

This should be required reading BEFORE someone posts another well covered topic.

Thanks for the FAQ...submit it to JayC and/or ekool (admin.) for approval. They were considering this as an option to prevent repetition of threads.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
I recommend and nominiate SPARKY to moderate and assemble a comprehensive FAQ. Accurate, to the point, hilarious. This sets the tone for this group and makes a great start for newcomers!

By the way I might add:

Rule 14 of the FJC forums:
If you bought a 4x2, you are still welcome to the forum. However it is advised that you never mention this fact. :D

F

·
0 Posts
thanks! Include a link to the owners manual and other technical docs and I'll be set!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Amanda951 said:
And don't forget a list of banned words and other terms! :D
Banned words indeed. I was talking in reference to the area in a kayak where people sit. Airplanes and kayaks have c o c k p i t s and if you spell that out with normal spacing, it posts as ****pits. How paranoid is that?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
fourpaw said:
Banned words indeed. I was talking in reference to the area in a kayak where people sit. Airplanes and kayaks have c o c k p i t s and if you spell that out with normal spacing, it posts as ****pits. How paranoid is that?
all that pretty much arose because a few morons raised a pissy fit about profanity. co(ksuckers. :D:eek:

i poop on them!

·
Registered
348 Posts
caliFJ said:
all that pretty much arose because a few morons raised a pissy fit about profanity. co(ksuckers. :D:eek:

i poop on them!
Now that's funny! Thanks for the explanation.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
fourpaw said:
Dude, I was talking about "Cute" "Barbie Mobile" ROMPJ and UTTERLY :D:D

·
fka JimmyHoops
2,839 Posts
Amanda951 said:
Dude, I was talking about "Cute" "Barbie Mobile" ROMPJ and UTTERLY :D:D
Cheers to that... these are definately words that the ban stick should be applied to...:D

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
caliFJ said:

i poop on them!
Did you mean to say "because a few b!tches" Insult dog? B!tch is the word...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.