Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
Cool...

Is their goal to actually compete or just finish the race (towards the end of the pack I'm guessing)?

Only way I can see one actually competeing would be a buggy with "FJC" paneling and calling it a FJC. Perhaps a few years ago a true FJC with an IFS would have made a "cool showing", but KOH competition is considerably further along than they were a few years ago.

The FJC's biggest detriment besides its width is its weight. What'd be really cool is to see the SHDQ FJC (formerly UberFJ) run KOH, caged, LS engine, tubed front & rear, etc run KOH. Only thing I don't understand, with all that fabwork and cost why go with a camburg 3.5" LT instead of a custom design...seems to be a substantially limiting factor.

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Cool...

Is their goal to actually compete or just finish the race (towards the end of the pack I'm guessing)?

Only way I can see one actually competeing would be a buggy with "FJC" paneling and calling it a FJC. Perhaps a few years ago a true FJC with an IFS would have made a "cool showing", but KOH competition is considerably further along than they were a few years ago.

The FJC's biggest detriment besides its width is its weight. What'd be really cool is to see the SHDQ FJC (formerly UberFJ) run KOH, caged, LS engine, tubed front & rear, etc run KOH. Only thing I don't understand, with all that fabwork and cost why go with a camburg 3 link instead of a custom design...seems to be a substantially limiting factor.
How come I have not seen an update on the SDHQ ex-uber in like a year?

Didn't a lime green fj try to compete in the hammers, or some proximity thereof, a few years ago and flip backwards? I am sure I have the story wrong on that one.

Although I think M&M would do well in the rock portion, I doubt it is Maddog is the one entering (the straight aways might be a problem)...so give us the scoop!

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
BTW answer to your first question would be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$......................or they are just wanting to make an extremely impressive/fashionably late enterance. Just makes me scratch my head after all the custom work and design, why go with basically a "pre built/designed" (but limited front IFS setup)? Could have generated a custom and quite unique setup out of it.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I think MAD DOG will get qualified for the KOH. That will be the easy part. I have been at 70 mph in the whoops in his FJC. That was crazy. I'll be part of his pit crew and try to convince him to just finish the race and not break her up. A finish at the KOH with an attrition rate of 50% or more, is like a win for a first time FJC.

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
I think MAD DOG will get qualified for the KOH. That will be the easy part. I have been at 70 mph in the whoops in his FJC. That was crazy. I'll be part of his pit crew and try to convince him to just finish the race and not break her up. A finish at the KOH with an attrition rate of 50% or more, is like a win for a first time FJC.
That would be awesome if he did. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Mad Dog will do fine. I might co pilot, because i'm like a little monkey that knows how to help quik in the rocks.

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts

All depends what your goals are. Will qualification come through actual races or through "knowing someone"?

Still interested to see how he plans to reduce the weight? Tubing the front end or rear?

Cross my fingers for him and hope he does well.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Incredible. Way to go Jeff and Brent! I'll be there to watch it happen :).

·
Registered
506 Posts
Is their goal to actually compete or just finish the race (towards the end of the pack I'm guessing)? What'd be really cool is to see the SHDQ FJC (formerly UberFJ) run KOH, caged, LS engine, tubed front & rear, etc run KOH. Only thing I don't understand, with all that fabwork and cost why go with a camburg 3.5" LT instead of a custom design...seems to be a substantially limiting factor.
:rofl::rofl: that would be funny... Too bad all they build are "Show Trucks"! They specifically said they were not gonna race that thing:simmadown: Total waist of $$$$. But i do agree about the custom front end but that just proves my point about building shiny show trucks :ninja:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Out with it Jeff :). Who is it?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts