Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

First time posting, but not my first time using the forums to help me fix issues on the FJ (2008). I'm having an issue disengaging the rear window latch... Everything was working for fine for the first three years I had it, but I recently tried to open it so the dog could get some fresh air and the thing wouldn't budge. I tried the typical, "give it a firm slap to see if the latch is jammed" etc., yet I've had no luck. At this point I have concluded that its either an electrical issue or a failure in the latch mechanism. I found a thread discussing how to manually disengage the latch by removing the rear shroud and popping the latch by hand- not exactly the preferred thing to do. I don't have an issue with locking or unlocking the rear door with the key or the fob, so it's not an issue arising the unlock point, but it seems that the ECU is either messed up, or the motor for the latch itself is shot. I have scoured the forums looking to see if anyone else had a similar issue, but haven't found anyone who has.

Cheers

·
Desert Moderator
7,288 Posts
Can you hear it attempt to unlock?
Maybe the rubber seal is stuck to the glass?
Maybe press on the glass from the inside while turning the key both directions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can hear the lock actuating... When I manually released it, the weather stripping didn't seem to be stuck... The key will turn the lock both ways... I'm not sure that latch mechanism is actuating though, the door will unlock and lock with no problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts