Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received an email from my local dealer offering me up to 19k for my 11 with 130k. Not going to sell, but damn they hold their value, I paid 18.5 k just about a year ago.

Dear David,

I wanted to drop you a quick note about purchasing your 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I need them now and, frankly, I think you will be pleased with my aggressive offer.

If you're still driving your 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser, I am willing to offer you up to $19,095 1 during the Toyota of Dartmouth Presidents' Day Sales Event going on NOW. Hurry in! Event ends February 28th!

Check out your personalized website2 to see what I am willing to offer you for your FJ Cruiser and what it may cost to get into a new vehicle during the Toyota of Dartmouth Presidents' Day Sales Event:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I got one of these letters the other day. They didn't give me an actual offer but he asked me to call him to arrange a visit. I wouldn't sell my '14 for $40k. Plus, if you don't handle the deal right, they will just jack the price on whatever you buy.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Lots of threads here from people who've received things like that. You own a desirable vehicle which has held its resale well above all the others. If you have no interest in selling your FJ just enjoy the glow. When I get one of those offers I feel like how I guess a pretty woman must feel (receiving offers she isn't interested in).

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Typically a dealer offering what seems to be an attractive trade-in value, but applicable only towards some inflated price on a new vehicle purchase.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I am willing to offer you up to $19,095 1 during the Toyota of Dartmouth Presidents' Day Sales Event going on NOW.
We all know the FJ is desirable and holds its value. However, they are primarily looking to move new tin.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
My neighbor works for Toyota as a web associate .She tells me on down times they go through sales records and contact previous buyers mostly as a fishing trip.
But she also said they get almost weekly calls or web inquiries asking for FJs. I think as a used car it's an easy sale for them. She says when the do come in they don't last long.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts