Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received an email from my local dealer offering me up to 19k for my 11 with 130k. Not going to sell, but damn they hold their value, I paid 18.5 k just about a year ago.

Dear David,

I wanted to drop you a quick note about purchasing your 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I need them now and, frankly, I think you will be pleased with my aggressive offer.

If you're still driving your 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser, I am willing to offer you up to $19,095 1 during the Toyota of Dartmouth Presidents' Day Sales Event going on NOW. Hurry in! Event ends February 28th!

Check out your personalized website2 to see what I am willing to offer you for your FJ Cruiser and what it may cost to get into a new vehicle during the Toyota of Dartmouth Presidents' Day Sales Event:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I got one of these letters the other day. They didn't give me an actual offer but he asked me to call him to arrange a visit. I wouldn't sell my '14 for $40k. Plus, if you don't handle the deal right, they will just jack the price on whatever you buy.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Lots of threads here from people who've received things like that. You own a desirable vehicle which has held its resale well above all the others. If you have no interest in selling your FJ just enjoy the glow. When I get one of those offers I feel like how I guess a pretty woman must feel (receiving offers she isn't interested in).

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Typically a dealer offering what seems to be an attractive trade-in value, but applicable only towards some inflated price on a new vehicle purchase.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
My neighbor works for Toyota as a web associate .She tells me on down times they go through sales records and contact previous buyers mostly as a fishing trip.
But she also said they get almost weekly calls or web inquiries asking for FJs. I think as a used car it's an easy sale for them. She says when the do come in they don't last long.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts