Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not certain if this has already been posted, if it hasn't, the link below is to the JD Power 2010 initial quality study of compact crossover and suv's.

The results are in and the FJC is selected as the award recipient!

Ratings | J.D. Power

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I'm not certain if this has already been posted, if it hasn't, the link below is to the JD Power 2010 initial quality study of compact crossover and suv's.

The results are in and the FJC is selected as the award recipient!

Ratings | J.D. Power
Wow look at how poorly the Wrangler scored..

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
all of the Jeeps were at the bottom. Go figure?

The Tacoma came in dead last in the midsize pickup category with Nissan Frontier taking the award. Which makes no sense to me. The 2 people I know that drive Frontiers are constantly in the shop with them.

Tundra was also low on the list for large pickup.

Where was the Land Cruiser?

·
Registered
394 Posts
To me it looks like the Kia Sportage got better ratings where it counts. It fell short in the "design" catagories...seems more like a price point difference to me.

·
Registered
394 Posts
But looking at that Sportage on the Kia website...there's no way I would pay the same money for that as I did for the FJ. It costs just about as much if equipped the same. I thought it would be about $10K cheaper than an FJ. I doubt it will hold anywhere near the FJ's resale value. So all in all....no thanks at that price, the FJ is a better deal.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
To me it looks like the Kia Sportage got better ratings where it counts. It fell short in the "design" catagories...seems more like a price point difference to me.
go to the next page... the sportage bombed everything. Overall Quality, Powertrain, body/interior, and features and accessories.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah... I'm not sure I get that. Granted I haven't driven a 2010 Sportage, but I love how it received high marks in the quality categories and low marks for the same in design... which only means that it's an extremely well-made piece of noisy, wonky, jittery doodoo.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Tundra was also low on the list for large pickup.
The Tundra is garbage compared to the other new full-size pickups. They seem like they would be a good truck because they're a Toyota, but you should see some tests done on them. I love Toyota trucks, but man they fell way short with that one. Check this out:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts