Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be great if someone at the Greenville show could measure the interior height in the rear storage area in two places. The two "spots" of interest are about 12" or so in from the inside of the tailgate and about 36" in from the tailgate which I'm assuming is about where the hinge is where the seats fold down. I'm trying to figure out if a road bicycle will stand up in there and I need about 37" to do it. It will probably make the difference if the FJ will "work" for my needs.
Thanks!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
corbin said:
It would be great if someone at the Greenville show could measure the interior height in the rear storage area in two places. The two "spots" of interest are about 12" or so in from the inside of the tailgate and about 36" in from the tailgate which I'm assuming is about where the hinge is where the seats fold down. I'm trying to figure out if a road bicycle will stand up in there and I need about 37" to do it. It will probably make the difference if the FJ will "work" for my needs.
Thanks!!!!
what do you ride, incidentally? This would be good info for me to know as well (though I guess we could always get racks). I have a 53 cm Lemond Zurich that I ride usually (though I had a really bad accident this past summer).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ride a Serotta Hors Categorie Ti 57 cm square, the top of the saddle is about 37" off the ground when the the front wheel is off and the fork is sitting on the ground (or in a fork clamp). Great bike, I train and race about 5k miles a year throughout the northeast. I hate roof racks as the bikes can get soaked when you're driving in a downpour and the water gets in the bearings.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
awesome. I fully separated my shoulder this past summer and cracked my carbon fiber frame (bad, bad accident), but I'll be getting back into it next year. Til then, it's my 1up trainer to get me through the winter :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts