Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I'm here in the St. Louis area and we just got a decent snow, 4-5 inches. I drove home last night, and I am SUPER impressed with the FJ. I'm brand new to the FJ world and only had mine a few months. I recently did the Stage 1 Icon and Nitto RIdge Grapplers, and all i can say is, i was wishing my drive home on the sketchy roads was longer, haha! I found myself becoming impatient with the "regular folk" in their 2WD cars. After experiencing that kind of performance and confidence, I can't wait to get her built up and really go have some fun. Just had to share my experience.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Same. Just drove mine up from Houston to Vail the past two days and it performed flawlessly on Nitto Terra’s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Very nice! When I lived in webster groves for a few years, only got a light dusting once

looking forward to taking the FJ to mammoth for a week for New Years to play in the snow trails

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Yeah, snow driving would be fun if everybody would just get the hell out of my way... ;)

·
Registered
825 Posts
I love my FJ, but not in snow. I'll take the Titan XD or 4Runner before the FJ.
Gotta agree, it's fun to play in the snow but I've definitely had better snow driving vehicles. I think the short wheelbase just makes it a bit squirrelly feeling in comparison.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes very true with ice, different ball game. I like hearing the input on the other vehicles, and I'm having a blast with my first Toyota and FJ. Can't wait to sink more money into mods and get it out and play.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
yes very true with ice, different ball game. I like hearing the input on the other vehicles, and I'm having a blast with my first Toyota and FJ. Can't wait to sink more money into mods and get it out and play.
You won’t go wrong with the FJ

she’s a reliable , tough as nails, well built Tier 1 Japanese beast

take care of her, and she will take care of you. I am keeping mine till 500k

·
Admin
6,981 Posts
FJ handling in snow is driver dependent, so the bit behind the wheel plays a large factor in its capabilities even ahead of tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yep.
right.png

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Snow traction can vary tremendously based on temperature, previous conditions (like ice underneath), etc. Next time it snows find an empty snow covered parking lot and practice turning at various speeds, braking, accelerating, drifting, whatever. It will help your street driving in the snow immensely.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts