Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen all the pictures of everybody's lifted rigs with the suspension flexing and articulating. How do you get the FJ's to do that? I had a Jeep TJ with a fully articulating lift with sway bar disconnects on the front and rear and it had 30"+ of travel with the 4" lift I installed on it. What does it take to get an FJ to do that? Do they make a complete lift anywhere that you can buy to get that or do you have to piece together different items to make that happen? Do they make sway bar disconnects for the FJ? The only thing that I wouldn't be interested in doing is a long arm kit. I am all for anything that doesn't require welding new brackets on for the control arms or something drastic like that. I want to know if there is a kit or kits or what parts I need to make this happen. I would prefer a bolt on installation but if some modifications are necessary that would be fine to just nothing too extreme.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Yep not much you can be done with IFS front unless you add a long travel kit $$. You can improve the back though. Call Metal Tech. They have the longest rear coil avail. They also just got in custom made shocks from Icon to match that coil. The second longest coil out is Toytec Lifts rear coil. Basically you will need longer coils,shocks, and bump stops. Remove rear swaybar and add longer rear brake lines that Toytec also sells.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't even think about the IFS that's on the FJC's being the problem. I understand that because at one time Jeep was thinking about putting the IFS under the new JK's and the forums went crazy about that. I wouldn't trade my FJ for two Jeep's, although the mods seem to be easier on the TJ's.

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
The FJ Flexes good stock from my experience. Knowing any vehicles limits is a good thing. Great info above.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts