Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Kevin Necessary is registered. Didn't he drive an FJ in the Baja 1000?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yea #762, he ran the blue fj, ill see if i can get a pic with him on the contingency.

there are only 4 entries on the stock mini class

i didn't saw the Donahue truck registered

·
Registered
325 Posts
Millenworks must be focusing on another race at the moment.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Lets see here .... this is what the registered racers have driven before:

STOCK MINI: 4
*760 Rod Hall - Hummer H3 team
761 Steve Kovach - Ford Ranger
762 Kevin Necessary - Team Necessary in an '07 FJ
779 Gavin Skilton-1st RS - Honda Ridgeline

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yup team necessary will be there.

I wish i could go and see this some time..

why dont you??

we are leaving friday at 7am, hang out at the contingency for a bit and head down from ensenada thru the race course all the way down to Heroes de independencia should be like 120 miles or so, we should go thru some good hills, and some deep silt, fun stuff:rocker:

its an unreal experience, hearing the 800hp motors coming, the helicopters on top, i swear it, everytime i see the first cars come by i feel like a kid and i get gosebump, BAJA IS ADDICTIVE

you are more than welcome to come men :cheers:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Isn't the Donahoe(Icon) team going to be be competing this year also???

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
How do you enter these races? I watched the Two Roads DVDs and I've decided that it is something I'm going to do before I die.... Actually before I'm fifty.... I turn twenty-nine this sunday so that should give me enough time. If necessary can do it, so can I. So what is the process to actually compete in one of these races. Clearly I have no intention of being competitive.... just want to do it and try to finish.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is a great place to start:
SCORE-INTERNATIONAL OFF ROAD RACING

After you decide the class you want to compete in, you will build the car to SCORE safety specs, and get it SCORE certified, after that its just a matter of registering for the race.

There are cars that compete from $5000 to $500,000, so there is s spot for everyone, they all go thru the same course and its based on time, a lot of drivers agree in one thing its not a matter of going fast, but to survive the BAJA.

Im glad you want to do this men, i have limited experience, but let me know if you need something and i will do my best to help you out. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Dirtsports Mag just did an article about beefing up security along the course, and to police the police. Seems that some teams have been robbed along the race course as well as certain checkpoint police forcing teams to "pay" to pass through.

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Isn't the Donahoe(Icon) team going to be be competing this year also???
No the Donahoe racing Class 3 FJ is owned by KC at the moment and for sale.
I am hoping that someone buys it and gets it back in the race.

Here is a great place to start:
SCORE-INTERNATIONAL OFF ROAD RACING

After you decide the class you want to compete in, you will build the car to SCORE safety specs, and get it SCORE certified, after that its just a matter of registering for the race.

There are cars that compete from $5000 to $500,000, so there is s spot for everyone, they all go thru the same course and its based on time, a lot of drivers agree in one thing its not a matter of going fast, but to survive the BAJA.

Im glad you want to do this men, i have limited experience, but let me know if you need something and i will do my best to help you out. :cheers:
Add to this a little, Very cool that you want to race man, and like christian said all you got to do it do it, nothing to crazy that has to be done. There are lots of class's to look at, and you can even buy truck and buggy's used with spares sometimes. DR class 3 (2007 SCORE class 3 champ) is for sale right now, $70k and its yours man. Theres pit soppurt you can get form guys like baja pits and if you run BFG tires you can use there pits and maps, thats reason alone to run BFG's.

I dream of one day racing in Baja as well.

christian have fun down thereand stay safe, wish I was going this year.

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Dirtsports Mag just did an article about beefing up security along the course, and to police the police. Seems that to teams have been robbed along the race course as well as certain checkpoint police forcing teams to "pay" to pass through.
I haven't heard of any of the racers having to pay off the cops during the race, maybe the chase trucks during, but before and after well thats normal to some extent.

DirtSports is a great mag!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hell, if someone was really serious about it, I bet they could put together a pit crew and at least a few sponsors right here on the forum.

I know I'd love to cheer on the official FJCruiserForums.com Baja 1000 entry! Oh yeah!!! :rocker: :clap:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks man, i will do my best to have fun.. :jester:, ill take some pics.

i also hope that some on buys the Donahue FJ and continues racing it.

as a side note you can get a Throphy light for around 40 grand out the door.
i think that's a pretty sweet deal.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hell, if someone was really serious about it, I bet they could put together a pit crew and at least a few sponsors right here on the forum.

I know I'd love to cheer on the official FJCruiserForums.com Baja 1000 entry! Oh yeah!!! :rocker: :clap:
hey i would gladly be part of the pit crew :rocker:

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Thanks man, i will do my best to have fun.. :jester:, ill take some pics.

i also hope that some on buys the Donahue FJ and continues racing it.

as a side note you can get a Throphy light for around 40 grand out the door.
i think that's a pretty sweet deal.
I've been watching those since SMD first showed them on RDC. The price went up on them (~$50k) but still the best bang for the buck in my mind and a race series that pays back. That is what I want to do, but I don't think I will have that money for sometime.

·
Registered
28 Posts
why dont you??

we are leaving friday at 7am, hang out at the contingency for a bit and head down from ensenada thru the race course all the way down to Heroes de independencia should be like 120 miles or so, we should go thru some good hills, and some deep silt, fun stuff:rocker:

its an unreal experience, hearing the 800hp motors coming, the helicopters on top, i swear it, everytime i see the first cars come by i feel like a kid and i get gosebump, BAJA IS ADDICTIVE

you are more than welcome to come men :cheers:
Christian, I wish you would have put something about going to Baja in the Trail Runs forum a couple weeks ago! I would have taken Friday off and gone with you. Are you just going for the day? Also, isn't there some kind of permit you need to get if you go much further south than Ensenada?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry, i didn't post it, but ive done it in the past and usually nobody wants to come down to baja for some reason, cause of the things they say in the TV and stuff....

Ill be going there tomorrow, leaving Tijuana at 7am, from 9 to like 12 well be hanging around in the contingency, and after that well head down thru the race course to Heroes de independencia its like 120 miles from Ensenada, and will camp there and watch the race on Saturday and head back on saturday afternoon.

if you can still make it let me know you are more than welcome to come. :cheers:

Oh and about the permit you don't need it to go to Baja. unless you are staying for months at a time or heading farther south inland.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.