Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Well, at least we understand the truth in the original post...SPAM. Now, we have a new alias to further SPAM the site with unverifiable facts.

And, there is a big difference between bio-diesel than E85. My wife's Passat runs great on bio-diesel and we buy it whenever we can find it. Although both are renewable sources, not the same...

Good luck in your business but please hawk your wares somewhere else...

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
There is a growing - pardon the pun - business in Manitoba producing ethanol from various sources

Ethanol Backgrounder - Homegrown Energy: Developing Manitoba's Ethanol Industry - Energy Economic Development - Manitoba Energy, Science & Technology

To me, it seems downright criminal that we PAY farmers NOT to produce. Why not put the land to use that would otherwise be sitting there?

The only question I have seen unanswered - or avoided - is the cold start ability of E85. Vehicles here run on Mohawk's ethanol blend seem to do much better in bitter cold temps.

It appears the vapor pressure of E85 is so low at bitter cold temps - say -20 F and colder - that the motor is very difficult or impossible to start. For the climate I live in, that would have to be addressed.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Farlan,

Excellent write-up! The E85 pump in Hilliard, Ohio has been empty on and off since it opened. I have friends with Flex Fuel vehicles who paid premiums, above MSRP, just to get them, only to find out that they can't fuel their new toys with E85, very sad.

There is a guy in NW Columbus who fuels his Mercedes diesel wagon with used cooking oil, I see him at the post office. He says to takes more care to keep running, however, fuel is real cheap, in some cases, free.

Again, you provided an excellent write-up.

Thank You!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I want to convert to it just so I can go fill up.... The nearest one to my house is about 2 miles away.... AT THE HUMMER DEALERSHIP.... HAHAHAHA go figure..

hahaha, that't funny!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Department of Energy Biomass website:

EERE: Biomass Program Home Page :google:

A good educational double-take for those interested in where your tax dollars are doing while you sleep. And, it's an educational read that might surprise you into exploring alternative energy resources--HERE IN AMERICA. :silly:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Change2e85.com Regrand Opening in Boulder, CO pictures ...!

Dave Justice, Fellow Ethanol users, and Wannabees:

How's it going? Here are the pictures I promised from E85 Conversion Kits Change2E85.com promoted "Regrand opening event" in Boulder, Colorado (township of gunbarrel) located at the Short Shop Phillips (6510 Lookout Road), on Saturday 10-27-07. They had a raffle for one give-away unit!

Anyway, in the photos you'll see two converted SUV's and a white Honda two gentlemen are leaning over and working on. One gentleman is actually a service technician, and the other, his client's car. The installation was a snap and very easily done with no engine modifications (see inserts).

Look at the picture with posted fuel prices for petroleum gasoline and diesel. Here's the kicker--they also sell Ethanol E-85 (not shown by signage) for $2.09 at their pumps! In fact, I was told by a member of the installation team that E-85 can often be found selling for $1.99 a gallon in Colorado. :fight: A price you can't beat.

Summary, this is an example of grass-roots consumer advocacy at work. And a conscious choice to utilize an EPA-approved conversion device for gas powered cars, to now fuel-up with Ethanol blends, including E-85.

Just to reiterate, I am not a salesman for E85 Conversion Kits Change2E85.com. I have no financial stake whatsoever to do with them, or the producers of Ethanol. I am like you...in search of alternative fuels, environmental conservation and the hottest alternative source going is Ethanol converted gasoline cars. Check it out for yourself and consider running your FJ Cruiser (and many other brands) on Ethanol. Website is pretty self-explanatory with links to auto makers, advocacy, ethanol locations, etc. :zlurking:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts