Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister is going to sell her 2007 FJ. She entered all the relevant data, e.g. miles, options, etc, into Kelly BlueBook's website. Retail value: $25,140. That seems high. But, I really have little to go on... other than she paid $27,000 3 years and 40,000 miles ago.

In short - is a 2007 4x4 (stereo upgrade, e.g. DVD, nav), Locker, etc. with 40,000 miles in EXCELLENT condition really worth $25k? My guess is closer to $20k.

Thanks!

·
Registered
545 Posts
My sister is going to sell her 2007 FJ. She entered all the relevant data, e.g. miles, options, etc, into Kelly BlueBook's website. Retail value: $25,140.
Wow, that's amazing! What are the 2011 FJC's selling for? $32,000-ish?

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
My 2007 Black Cherry FJ has 72,000 miles, excellent condition, I paid 16,000 for her. But its basic, no frills.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
When I went to buy my FJ back in October, I was told that 2011 would be the last year of production for the FJ. Is there any way to know if this is just the sales person trying to push the sale, or truth? If the latter, it might affect resale value (supply vs demand). Personally I feel it was a sales tactic, which is annoying.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
saw an 07 FJ on the toyota dealers lot six speed pretty much loaded low milage only 20,000 miles for 27,950.00

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
saw an 07 FJ on the toyota dealers lot six speed pretty much loaded low milage only 20,000 miles for 27,950.00
Seems high to me, unless the 6MT is worth more. I got my '07 5AT loaded with 12,000 miles for $24K. That included the ARB front bull bars w/winch and IPF968's. Then again, I may have just gotten a really good deal.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its only worth as much as someone is willing to pay.
Uh uh... really? Damn... you teach economics don't you. ;)

It does seem these things are holding their values extremely well.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
A new 2011's invoice price is $25,538.00. I paid less than invoice for my 2008. A 2007 in excellent condition with 50K is listed at $22,080 for a private party transaction.

Plus: it is good if you can get a high value for a used vehicle.

Minus: with a new one only $3K more, some might be more inclined just to get a new one.

·
Registered
636 Posts
1. Local market influences prices; what type of vehicle is in demand in your area? And if you sell on the internet to broaden your customer base (autotrader.com, etc) you'll be up against even more bargain basement deals.
2. Check edmunds.com, I've always found their pricing to be more reasonable/accurate. 3. Often I can get a deal well under their pricing (which is usually under KBB/NADA), but for the FJ it was close.
4. I would say check craisglist for a base, but the FJ isn't a commodity vehicle that will settle to a certain price level (like say, our 2000 Honda Odyssey which is as common as McDonalds around here).

All in all I think they do appear to be holding their value pretty darn well. In December I purchased an 07 with 30k miles, only options being the rear park assist and RR lock. No roof rack, steel wheels, tires fairly bald. $19,600.

I had found one private party 500 miles the other direction with more miles but more options; $18,500 but it sold before I could get to it. Most everything else at dealers was much, much more and I couldn't get any dealers near me below $22k for FJs with much higher mileage.

·
Registered
636 Posts
When I went to buy my FJ back in October, I was told that 2011 would be the last year of production for the FJ. Is there any way to know if this is just the sales person trying to push the sale, or truth? If the latter, it might affect resale value (supply vs demand). Personally I feel it was a sales tactic, which is annoying.
I think there's a thread (or several) about that, it seems every year we hear that. I've only been an owner for a month and I've been hearing that for 2 years, lol!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought an 08 TT with 43k for $22,500. When I went to register it at the DMV I was quite surprised that the clerk said it booked for $25k. I had to ask the previous owner to sign and notarize the title which showed the sale price to avoid paying taxes on the book price.

As a previous poster said, demand plays a huge role. I pass by a lot that has a used silver model with a sticker of $22,900. Not sure of the year or mileage. I see a fair amount of FJs on the road around here but when I was shopping the main Toyota dealer only had one on the lot each time I looked, new or used.

-Scott

·
Registered
54 Posts
Kbb always seems to priced high. Check Galves and nada then average the price between the two. That's what insurance companys use along with dealerships. But fjs still hold value especially if they discontinue them after this year. I got mine 7mo ago for 24k, 07 voodoo blue loaded Trd exhaust,suspension with 33x12.50x20. It was traded in at a vw dealership and the first day it was for sale I bought it without hesitation due to 5 people wanting to buy it while I was sitting in the sales office dealing price

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think it has a lot to do with the declining importation numbers starting in late 2009.

I remember reading that for 2007-2008, Toyota was importing close to 60k cars per year...2010 was close to 20k cars.

More demand = Mo' Money

·
Registered
33 Posts
I traded my bare bones stock 08 FJ with 53k miles on it a few months back and got 20k for it, the dealer has it for sale at 22,900.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts