Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Just before school started back up for me I actually got to make a quick trip up to Yellowstone!

It was an awesome trip and I was so glad I finally got to take my FJ there. Yellowstone is one of my favorite places on Earth and my family goes there almost every summer. But this was the 1st time I got to take my FJ with me!

Day 1 in Yellowstone, visiting the Mud Volcanoes

Hayden Valley! Fun fact, Hayden Valley is legitimately where I get my name from.

We saw bears constantly at one end of Hayden Valley feeding on a bison carcass.

Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone from Artist's Point looking at the Lower Falls of the Yellowstone River

Photo from the end of Chittendon Road, you can see forever up there! (But it is just a simple dirt road anyone can drive)

Mammoth Hot Springs! One of the parts of the park that changes the most from year to year.

Momma black bear and 2 cubs!

Beautiful sunset in Hayden Valley

An owl! Great camo!

Visiting Old Faithful

A short hike to Majestic Falls

Overlooking a geyser basin

Black bear

Photos overlooking Hayden Valley just before leaving the park, till next time!

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Made a run with my school's off-road club, the UVU Off-Road Adventure Club, on a trail up American Fork Canyon called Mary Ellen Gulch. It was a really neat, but somewhat difficult trail. Had one other FJ on the run, a Land Rover, and a Bronco. Definitely needed to air down on today's run and boy am I glad to have A-TRAC! It wasn't necessarily a long trail but up climb pretty quickly and there are long sections of loose rock and that A-TRAC was working almost constantly in certain sections! Occasionally with the rear locker supplementing my traction.

Airing down

The trailhead

Matt's sweet FJ!

Premium flex!

Icy and I

Didn't get photos doing it justice but this was the most intense section of the trail, really not bad but the wrong wheel placement and you'll get hung up. I saw a video of a Jeep getting caught on its diff!

After the loose rocky sections it becomes a decent road to the top of the pass!

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
More photos from Mary Ellen Gulch

After we reached the pass, since I had to get back for work, I dipped out early and made excellent time on the way back down from the top.

It was a beautiful, surprising trail and probably my favorite so far here in Northern Utah! Great times were had and I was so happy to get out here for the Fall colors!

141 - 144 of 144 Posts