Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Anyone (Stock FJs to Buggies) in South Florida or near by want to head out into the middle of the everglades for some trail riding and camping are more than welcome to join us at Bear Island. Free event stickers will be handed out at Gator Head Camp!

If you want to hit the trails with us you will need to acquire the $50 permit, we can give you all the info you need just send us a PM. Basically you need to have all your street legal info up to date, working lights, and insure your tire width is 9in or wider.
HOWEVER! If you want to skip the permit and just ride out the 20mile grade road to the area (and see lots of wildlife) that is fine too! while all the trails are gated and only permitted trucks are allowed through, there is a camp site at the trail heads if you want to stay the weekend too. And we wouldn't mind carrying one or two people in with us if you wanted to see the trails.

I'd like to see the first trail run start at 1 from Gator Head, across Windmill, down and back Plains, then down Harold Strand, back up Ridge to camp. After that, the more adventures of us can hit the Cypress Camp trail. After we eat Saturday, we will do a (decided at the time) night run!!! Remember rules of the park are no driving after 10pm, so we will have to plan accordingly!!

Sunday will be a free day, I want to hit all 2ndary trails (mapped dotted lines)! Anyone who wants to try and follow can!

We will be using CB channel 5. Make sure to bring your cameras in case the elusive Skunk Ape should appear!!!! :eek:

Trail map and Rules

To see more details head over to the FL Thread...
PLEASE REPLY TO THIS THREAD HERE

ATTENDING
1) FJKID
2) loneuglyfish
3) Macleod
4) JPR
5) surfit
6) jdmpower6924
7) fj6high
8) GATOR
9) 07 Black Fj
10) ???

·
Registered
330 Posts
nice event logo :clap::rocker:!

Wish I could make it! :-(

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
You need to summit that Logo as a Forum Badge!

I just spent 6 hrs cleaning the swamp crud from every orifice of the FJ!

I sure hope to join you all...just have to see as time gets closer...

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
You need to summit that Logo as a Forum Badge!

I just spent 6 hrs cleaning the swamp crud from every orifice of the FJ!
:rofl::rofl: Come may im planning on a 2day clean up:rocker:, sadly as bad as I would like to I wont be able to meet up for this one...:mecry:

·
Registered
672 Posts
i'd be in for the club and trying for the 19th! whats the regualtions for it?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
EVENT "PLAN"

I need a volunteer to head up the meet at Oasis Visitor Center Saturday morning for the people that need permits or want to caravan to Bear Island together. I'd like the meet up to happen when the ranger station opens, that way it will give late comers time to show up while others are getting permits. Also we need to call Fri and let them know how many will be there Saturday morning for permits. Then you can drive to Subway for lunch/gas and meet up with everyone else no later than 1pm at Gator Head Camp.

I will already be at Gator Head Camp Fri Night, so that will be the Early Meet up spot for those with permits that want to come out anytime before Noon Saturday!

I'd like to see the first trail run start at 1 from Gator Head, across Windmill, down and back Plains, then down Harold Strand, back up Ridge to camp. After that, the more adventurous of us can hit the Cypress Camp trail. After we eat Saturday, we will do a (decided at the time) night run!!! Remember rules of the park are no driving after 10pm, so we will have to plan accordingly!!

Sunday will be a free day, I want to hit all 2ndary trails (mapped dotted lines)! Anyone who wants to try and follow can!

·
Registered
672 Posts
im in!

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
10-4 we'll grab some maps- So it looks like I'm only waiting for 3 or 4 trucks on Sat??? I'll call tomorrow morning--Kid

·
Registered
672 Posts
Yes def I need to get a permit!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts