Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2008 FJC 4X4 - Sandstorm
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
July 26th and 27th 2008
Black Moose ORV is located near Dawsonville, GA. It is a 260 acre slice of paradise complete with terrain ranging from greens to double black diamonds, basically there is something for everyone!

There is plenty of flat grass to pitch a tent, an outhouse that is well kept, a gazebo complete with running water and a grill (bring charcoal), a fire pit, and a lake! There is a grocery store and a gas station 10 minutes away for all your supplies. There is also a Best Western and Comfort Inn nearby for those that prefer climate control.

A friend of mine owns the property and asks that we give a $20 donation per vehicle per day ($40 for the weekend), which includes camping. This is to aid in maintaining the property.

For a few pics from april go to:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/florida/61381-sand_man-ga.html

I will be updating this post with more details often. Please check your calenders and post up if you can make it so we can plan accordingly.

loose schedule thus far:
Friday afternoon-arrive and get settled in
Friday night- wheel or hang by the fire
Saturday - wheel or relax by the lake
Saturday night - wheel or hang by the fire
Sunday AM - wheel or sleep in because you were out all night wheeling
Sunday PM - Head back to reality

This place is invite only, so consider this your invitation!

I will be sending everyone a pm containing location and contact numbers in the next week or so. So please chime in if you plan on attending.

IN:
sand_man...FL
Gunrunner...FL
CtheProducer...FL
FJCRUSR...GA
tkinze...GA
NGA-FJC...GA
Kodek...GA

Tentative
TGREGG...FL
knockabout...FL
Slingerdoo...GA
BMThiker...GA
k9crazy...GA

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
THIS SOUNDS AWESOME!! I gotta check with the woman and the bank account. If everything agrees Im there! :clap:

·
Registered
932 Posts
End of July is usually when I head up to the mountains of far west NC to camp and fish for a couple of weeks. In protest against these high gas prices, I may not go this year. But if I do I'll schedule it so I can hit the Black Moose event on the way up or back as Dawsonville is right on the way. I'll know for sure in 4-5 weeks.

·
Registered
2008 FJC 4X4 - Sandstorm
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bump

·
Registered
27 Posts
Grant
As they say "if the creek don't rise, I'm in". Have to check with my lady on going or I'll solo. She used up all her vacation time in Moab and Colorado.

·
Registered
2008 FJC 4X4 - Sandstorm
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Sounds sweet, I'm in.

BirdMan:cheers:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I can make it,as long as there arent any hurricanes in the Gulf around then...
Can I come with a bone stock FJ? I dont know if Ill have my tire upgrade by then,but she's done alright as is so far:)

·
Registered
2008 FJC 4X4 - Sandstorm
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can make it,as long as there arent any hurricanes in the Gulf around then...
Can I come with a bone stock FJ? I dont know if Ill have my tire upgrade by then,but she's done alright as is so far:)
yeah, it'll do just fine stock...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm new to this forum but know a few of you from Ga Cruisers and other trail rides. I don't get over here much as I'm a Toy truck owner and spend most of my time on h8mud forums. FJCRUZR sent me the link for this ride and told me to "register" How do I register as this ride is about 2 miles from my house.
Thanks,

:iamwithstupid: (see above post)

·
Registered
2008 FJC 4X4 - Sandstorm
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm new to this forum but know a few of you from Ga Cruisers and other trail rides. I don't get over here much as I'm a Toy truck owner and spend most of my time on h8mud forums. FJCRUZR sent me the link for this ride and told me to "register" How do I register as this ride is about 2 miles from my house.
Thanks,

:iamwithstupid: (see above post)
PM Sent

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.