Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve read the manual. Watched 6 YouTube vids, and it’s still flashing. I set the zone, still flashing. Tried every possible combination of 2 taps of the set button, hold set till zone, then hold set ...... etc. I never get the “- -“.

2008 fj cruiser.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
I don't know if there is a technical solution for this problem. Others on here may have a suggestion.
My guess would be pilot error-- no offense, a second set of eyes on the instructions usually helps me.
Or

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I tried calibrating according to the manual a few times, finally put a black sticker over the flashing light

·
Registered
199 Posts
I could be wrong but I think the 2007-2009 models require you to drive in a circle to calibrate the compass. Look for instructions specific to those years.

I tried the 2010 instructions and it didn’t work where driving in a circle did, Well at least until I disconnect my battery. TBH, I don’t even calibrate it anymore and just ignore the flashing.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I need to do this with mine. I was having battery problems, which have now cured themselves. So compass calibration and turn off the seat belt chimes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is veryaccurate though.
I could be wrong but I think the 2007-2009 models require you to drive in a circle to calibrate the compass. Look for instructions specific to those years.

I tried the 2010 instructions and it didn’t work where driving in a circle did, Well at least until I disconnect my battery. TBH, I don’t even calibrate it anymore and just ignore the flashing.

The directions say to press the set button twice to enter the calibration mode. The problem is I am unable to enter into calibration mode. I can enter the mode to set the zone, which I have done. But it still flashes after setting this.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If it's flashing, you may already be in calibration mode. Multiple users in the post I gave you above, solved the problem by finishing the sequence the previous owner never did. Go drive it in a circle and see. Or don't.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If it's flashing, you may already be in calibration mode. Multiple users in the post I gave you above, solved the problem by finishing the sequence the previous owner never did. Go drive it in a circle and see. Or don't.
I attempted circles till dizzy. No change.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OMG - I finally got it.
This is what I did.
On the aux cluster display I pressed and held set until I got to the zone set. Then I waited 2 seconds, pressed set again - BINGO - it enter calibration mode “ - -“ did the circle and now it’s gone. Amazing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts