Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all. Newbie here, but have been lurking for a while. I did a search, but wasn't able to find a definitive answer, so was hoping you can help.

I have a 2014 FJ with 17" OE steelies, which use conical lug nuts. I recently purchased the 17" TRD Pro wheels, which use flat seat lugs. Flat seat lug nuts from Toyota are over $6 a piece, so I found these splined (lock system) Gorilla flat seat lug nuts on Amazon. They appear to fit, being the same width 12mm x 1.50 pitch. But do they look too short?

Thanks in advance! ?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Two considerations:

1. Whatever lug nut you use, make sure that they provide at least 6 full threads of engagement with the wheel stud;
2. Make sure before you torque the first nut that the spline wrench can get full engagement with the splines on the nut.

The nuts offered by McGard are the highest quality I have found, are available with hex or spline drive systems, black or chrome finishes, and best of all, are manufactured in the USA.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll defintely keep that in mind about the threads. I would love to go with McGards, but I didn't see that they make flat seat nuts (I even checked on their website). Maybe I missed it? If anyone knows where I can source OEM nuts for a decent price, or if those Gorilla nuts will work, please let me know. Thank you.

Two considerations:

1. Whatever lug nut you use, make sure that they provide at least 6 full threads of engagement with the wheel stud;
2. Make sure before you torque the first nut that the spline wrench can get full engagement with the splines on the nut.

The nuts offered by McGard are the highest quality I have found, are available with hex or spline drive systems, black or chrome finishes, and best of all, are manufactured in the USA.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts