Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after a healthy year and way more in my flex spending than I thought would be there (totally my fault), I have a crazy amount of money left. So looks like I am going to be making my own first aid kit and probably buying a handfull of pre made ones just because it's use it or lose it.

Anything that you guys recommend that I might not realize or remember to get besides the basics? (Band-aids, gauze, quickclot, bandages, etc)

edit: Even better idea, what is the "best" first aid kit you guys have come across??

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,837 Posts

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
great way to spend the funds if they have to be spent :bigthumb:
any time you can be proactive like this is a worthwhile venture.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Wifee works at an Eye Clinic in Oregon. She told me that only procedures and prescriptions are covered by MedFlex. No more over the counter stuff is reimbursed! Fortunately my kit is pretty well stocked since we are with CERT (FEMA). ...but restocking it will hurt in the future. More screwing over by our elected officials and bureaucrats. :flame:

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
You can pay for me!!!! OTC is no longer covered. When was the last time you went to a dentist or eye doctor? Both of those are covered

Typed like a 5 year old from my iPhone

·
A-Team Moderator
8,970 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just went through a couple of mine and replaced expired neosporin... with iodine in glass bottles, which have a much longer shelf life.
Also, add superglue after having to pay $120 bucks at an urgent care facility for a doctor to use "derma bond" on a nasty cut.

Instead of a bunch of bigger bandaids, I just have gause, pre-wrap, and sports tape. As well as a couple extra quick clot patches.

If I had extra cash though, theres always more food and bullets :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts