Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In a sequel to my fork lift tests of the standard OME heavy setup, we ran some tests on the rear setup using the OME LTR remote reservoir shocks, with OME 897 extra heavy springs and MAF's awesome new high angle upper and lower rear control arms. The rear sway bar is now also a thing of the past (we found with these tests that we're no where near loosing the coils).

The photos show we got a 25" lift of the tire (we were actually much more conservative with this test than last time, and realistically the wheel could have come up a bit more before actually lifting any of the other three wheels). Using the same web RTI tool as last time, we've gone from an RTI for the rear of 621 to 690.

(note: yup, we probably will put some limit straps on this sucker now :) ).

Same results as before up front:

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
good to see the mir machine back on its feet ready for another day of trailin!

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
2N17X is going to be a fun one to test out the new setup.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Hmmm... Extra Heavy's... I have the 896's now,
I did not know they had heavier... This will help
out with the additon of a second fuel tank I
would guess... Do they lift more, or are they
stronger only ?... Lookin' Good MIR'...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mir, i think someone keyed you car...... a bunch of times :)

cool pics nonetheless
That's funny. I've got so much "rash" on mine I didn't even notice! I guess you have to look past the superficial and see that inner beauty...:lol:

·
Registered
105 Posts
ball park price....i already have the coils unless i need new ones.

its between this and the fox one

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
Looking good Mark. I was wondering when you were going to get those LTR's put on the back.

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone know what size tires those are? Looks like what I have been looking for. Narrow but tall.
Those are Interco LTB 34x10.50/R16 tires on ProComp 87 16" steel wheels (fit without spacers - i.e. clear the front brake calipers)

Mir, i think someone keyed you car...... a bunch of times :)
Those damn, jealous trees key it when my back is turned :)

Hmmm... Extra Heavy's... I have the 896's now,
I did not know they had heavier... This will help
out with the additon of a second fuel tank I
would guess... Do they lift more, or are they
stronger only ?... Lookin' Good MIR'...
The 897's aren't in the OME spec'd list for FJC's - they're listed as Prado coils. Steve thought they might help given how heavy my truck has become. They're the same length as the 896's but with 1mm extra thickness on the coil metal.

ball park price....i already have the coils unless i need new ones.
These are about $200. You can call Steve at MAF for a price quote (tell him you want pricing on the rear LTR remote reservoir shocks they put on Mark Richardson's FJ Cruiser --- 805-578-8712 extension 105).

·
Registered
95 Posts
whats the number for the LTR it wasn't for the prado either when passed by ARB today

1 - 15 of 15 Posts