Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

sorry for the low quality, i'll make it nice if someone buys me the program ($99), come to think of it, if someone buys me the program i'll take pics of their fj's and make them like this :p

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
sweet

·
Registered
534 Posts
the program ($99), come to think of it, if someone buys me the program i'll take pics of their fj's and make them like this :p
LOL....for a $99 program you will fly or drive all the way out to HADES and take photos of my FJ for me?

That's a sweet deal for me considering the cost "to you" to fly or drive here and back. :redblob:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL....for a $99 program you will fly or drive all the way out to HADES and take photos of my FJ for me?

That's a sweet deal for me considering the cost "to you" to fly or drive here and back. :redblob:
..yes

:lol::rofl:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sweet pic! What exactly is "Heavy HDR"?

·
Registered
492 Posts
HDR... high dynamic range

Basically you combine an underexposed picture of the sky with and over exposed picture of the truck or whatever you are taking a picture of... at least I think that is what it is.

But I needs to learn how to do this in photoshop... I think in the camera you just need to use the exposure bracketing to take one underexposed and one over exposed picture.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Sweet pic! What exactly is "Heavy HDR"?
HDR stands for High Dynamic Range, in a nutshell, it's three pictures merged together, one normal, one darker, and one lighter. when they are merged you can change the settings to make the dark parts darker, lights lighter, color changes, tons of different changes and such,

i guess i over stated when i said heavy, it's at least heavy for my taste, and by heavy i mean a heavy process, but their are a lot of worse ones. like this for example. when it's that bad it's a real cartoony look, instead of what i go for just trying to boost colors, details and lights

compare one of the original unprocessed pictures

with the HDR process

·
Registered
111 Posts
HDR... high dynamic range

Basically you combine an underexposed picture of the sky with and over exposed picture of the truck or whatever you are taking a picture of... at least I think that is what it is.

But I needs to learn how to do this in photoshop... I think in the camera you just need to use the exposure bracketing to take one underexposed and one over exposed picture.
If you have Photoshop CS2 and above, you can do it there.
File-Automate-Merge to HDR.

I recommend Photomatix Pro, by HDRSoft, which is the $99 program. It's the original, and still is better than Photoshop for HDR tonemapping.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you have Photoshop CS2 and above, you can do it there.
File-Automate-Merge to HDR.

I recommend Photomatix Pro, by HDRSoft, which is the $99 program. It's the original, and still is better than Photoshop for HDR tonemapping.
thus me asking someone to buy me photomatix :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well I went ahead and bought the program. If anyone wants me to try and make them some HDR images let me know.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Awesome pic!!!!:rocker:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts