Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FJ Cruiser 4WD Titanium Metallic
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any ideas?

I’m guessing it’s fried and I’m gonna have to exchange but wanted to see if anyone has any ideas I can try.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That sucks if it is fried. Anything abnormal happen to it before the flickering screen? Keep us posted. I have one too.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sucks if it is fried. Anything abnormal happen to it before the flickering screen? Keep us posted. I have one too.
Nothing unusual. Installer said he hooked it up and that’s what happened.

The Belsee folks sent me a vid of some ribbons to check but they all looked fine. We will se what happens lol.

Im gonna keep patient and just wait it all out. It’s just too awesome of a headunit so in the end it will be worth it (hopefully).

·
Registered
105 Posts
OH, this is a new unit that you have yet to use.
I had various problems with the initial set up until I got it up and running correctly. The wiring harnesses left a bit to be desired unfortunately. I can't recall running into the grey screen issue though.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OH, this is a new unit that you have yet to use.
I had various problems with the initial set up until I got it up and running correctly. The wiring harnesses left a bit to be desired unfortunately. I can't recall running into the grey screen issue though.
Yeah I researched it quite a bit before buying and fully understood that there was a good chance I would have some issues.

Personally I think the screen is bad. I’m wondering if they will just send a new screen and have me try to replace it myself or if they will just have me mail The whole unit back.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had issues with my andriod unit when I first bought it. Autopumkin were pretty good with assistance and got it sorted with an update.
What was going on with yours?

I’m pretty sure I read posts from you and Omega. You got yours from Australia? What was wrong with yours?

·
Mean Time Moderator
6,191 Posts
No mine came from Autopumkin direct from China. I can’t remember exactly but it’s detailed in the Andriod HU thread, I had issues with it crashing all the time, They sent me a link for a firmware upgrade. Later I had the start up screen be broken lines instead of the Toyota logo, but I just lived with that.

·
Registered
2014 FJ Cruiser TRD Pro
1 Posts
Did anyone have a resolve to this? I'm having a similar issue. Mine looks like this:

I asked the manufacturer for advice and they sent me a firmware update (and a video showing how to install it) but in their video, they are using a working screen and it brings up a dialog box that asks if you want to INSTALL by tapping the button but without a visible interface, I can't tap anything. So not much help :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts