Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
The black one is a Brooklyn Machine Works Race Link. Its a GREAT bike and has taken the WORST abuse you could ever think of. No motor just pedals :bigthumb: There is a chain on the left side which drives a chain on the right side, which goes to the wheel. It is designed like that to help eliminate pedal bob.
Haha damn Iphone!! Looked like a little motor on a 3" screen. Badass bikes though!!:cheers:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Picture courtesy of Joe Isip (DAPURAK) :bigthumb:

TOYOTA overtightened my wheel lugs resulting in a broken lug key. SO I was forced to drive two hours from NJ to CT with three 35" tires and one 31" tire.............. I then had to drive ALL the way back to NJ to drop off the last TRD wheel and pick up my last wheel and tire.

I then returned about a month later with my bushwackers and snorkel and here are the holes I received in my newly repainted fenders.

I had some problems getting my spotlight from Unity (although they were very nice about getting me the right order). FIRST I received a light with chrome housing.... WRONG. Next I received a light with the correct black housing, then realized it was cracked.... So after over a month of trying to get this stupid spotlight they finally sent me a new part for free. Will be mounting this soon :).

My lights suck. So I have a hard decision to make on lights but think I will be going with the 40" VisionX Reflex bar. It's pricey, but bright. I also received this button that has a red illuminated ring around it (idea from the FUEL mag fj)

Also had to have a little fun in Whistler, British Columbia and landed my first backflip on a downhill bike (those of you who know the difference between DH and DJ will know why it's a lil harder to do on an 8" front and rear travel bike.)

·
Registered
452 Posts
dude thats a sweet pic of you doing the backflip on the mountain bike! ive been getting into mountain biking lately, its pretty awesome, would loveeeee to go to whistler, but rather to ski because im much better at that then mountain biking. nice build thread, you have done exactly what i want to do to mine, a true inspiration, must give credit to Joe Isip though. great thread man!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
wow! thats how I would do my setup. sweet rigs props.:clap:
Thanks!

dude thats a sweet pic of you doing the backflip on the mountain bike! ive been getting into mountain biking lately, its pretty awesome, would loveeeee to go to whistler, but rather to ski because im much better at that then mountain biking. nice build thread, you have done exactly what i want to do to mine, a true inspiration, must give credit to Joe Isip though. great thread man!
Yeah, it's taken a while but in the end its totally worth it :bigthumb:. If you ever get the chance to go to whistler, DOIT. most beautiful place in the world. No doubt major credit to joe, he helped me out with a ton of stuff

Will be adding pics of budbuilt skid today. Don't think mounting bolts are long enough as I put in a differential drop. May have to order new ones through bud.

·
Registered
179 Posts
looking good. another great example of just how great the FJs can look.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do your tires rub at all? i want to get some 35's and i'm liking the km2's, i have 33's and they did rub til i got the body chop. I only have a 3 inch lift from the king coils up front, so what do you think?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Do your tires rub at all? i want to get some 35's and i'm liking the km2's, i have 33's and they did rub til i got the body chop. I only have a 3 inch lift from the king coils up front, so what do you think?
Yeah they rub a LITTLE at full turn when the shock is compressed. But I also cut my body mounts myself and didnt do a very good job.

Nice rig. I really want to get some of those bushwackers. I think they really set it off.
Thanks a lot guy! The bushwackers are alright, but 600 for pieces of plastic is a bit much, they look nice tho.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)

So yesterday the big brake kit came in, nothing new as many members have them on here. Hopefully this will compensate for all the extra weight I've added to this thing. These things are big, calipers are almost 6 inches wide, and almost a foot in length

So this is my first year in Brooklyn, New York (yes, it IS sketchy out here), so I also had LoJack installed. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a GPS tracker (randomly placed within the car, only I know where it is) that is directly linked with the police, so if the car is moved without the LoJack keyring connecting with the GPS tracker in the car, I will get an e-mail, text message, and a call to two different email addresses and three different phone numbers. LoJack has a 90% recovery rate if your car is stolen. :bigthumb:

These mods have made me push the lightbar back a bit because of the price, but I'd rather not have my car stolen

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
oh-oh!!! Here we go!!! :lol:

are these installed yet?

yours would look exactly like this :lol:

you will love it D' :rocker:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
This weekend! Too bad my license is suspended until mid January :flame::flame::flame::flame::mecry::mecry::boohoo:

Joe what/where can I get those lugs for the spidertrax/allpro spacers that thread all the way into the spacer? You told me a while ago but I never ended up ordering them.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
alright i know the answer will probably be no but ima ask anyway. have you ever driving through birmingham alabama i swear ive see this exact truck. but any way awesome rig love how the nose sits up a lil :bigthumb: is it a 3 3/4 inch lift in the front and 3 inch the back? hows the tire rub HUGE tires. once again nice rig :wave:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
alright ill stop with the bombardment of questions but why did you change out your uca's? did the stock rub?
Hey sorry guy I didn't see your question. I changed them out because with the OME 886's and the 3/4 top plate spacer the UCA gets super extended. Too much for the stock UCA's

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
alright i know the answer will probably be no but ima ask anyway. have you ever driving through birmingham alabama i swear ive see this exact truck. but any way awesome rig love how the nose sits up a lil :bigthumb: is it a 3 3/4 inch lift in the front and 3 inch the back? hows the tire rub HUGE tires. once again nice rig :wave:
hahah yup a no, but thanks for the compliments and yeah its a 3 and 3/4 inch lift in the front and 3 in the rear you could say. The front has sagged a little since I had the springs installed so it is just exactly level now :bigthumb:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Got the TRD Big Brake kit installed now and two 7" Kragen HID's for the bumper, just waiting on a 40" Demello LED light bar to arrive now

First snowstorm of the year right after I got myself unstuck from a 4' snowdrift

Second snowstorm, we got about 20+ inches. My windshield wipers are in the up position in this picture.

Next step is a Total Chaos front Longtravel kit!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Installed the 42" Demello LED bar the other day and it looks great, and works even better. Driving down side roads at night with this baby on is unexplainable and definitely a mod I should have done sooner.

As you can see there are two more mounting brackets on the bumper for two more 7" Kragen HIDs. Those will be on in about a week (wiring is finished but am missing a connector to the lights). Only problem I ran into doing the light bar was, the outside pillar clips are sh!t at best and they literally all disintegrated when the panel was removed, so I'm waiting to replace those at the moment.

As you can see the nose up look of the 886 springs and 3/4 top plate spacer has just about completely evened out now from the springs sagging.

Will add more pictures of the bar and where I ran the wires when I get the chance.

Adding in a Marine grade ST blade fuse box w/ground next so I can install backup floodlights, rocklights, and hardwire my tire pressure monitor.

21 - 40 of 91 Posts