Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
You might want to check out the Sears they also have nice aliminum ones and they have a better return policy, Good luck. Good jack is a good investment alone with jack stands.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i have had that one in the pic for like 3 yrears now. i got it from harbor freigt for $80. its still going strong. pepboys and costco have a rebadged on for around the same.

if you plan on lifting you truck i would recomend a bigger jack. i can only change a a single tire with that jack. imma ipgrade to something that will lift my frame(w/3inlif) enough to take off both tires

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have had that one in the pic for like 3 yrears now. i got it from harbor freigt for $80. its still going strong. pepboys and costco have a rebadged on for around the same.

if you plan on lifting you truck i would recomend a bigger jack. i can only change a a single tire with that jack. imma ipgrade to something that will lift my frame(w/3inlif) enough to take off both tires
the one I posted is a 3ton which should be more than enough to lift the truck.

Are you sure the one you have is not the 1.5 ton? I also have that one and it looks just like the one pictured just smaller..

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have that same one you posted, $80 at walmart about 4 years ago, its very nice and the aluminum is great to move around, very light.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
not to sound smart-assed, but the only thing i can think of needing a jack for with this truck is tire removal, in which case wouldnt a hi-lift work just fine? besides you should have one anyway.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
not to sound smart-assed, but the only thing i can think of needing a jack for with this truck is tire removal, in which case wouldnt a hi-lift work just fine? besides you should have one anyway.
Hi-Lift is not very stable and also not the easiest thing to use. Floor jack and jack stands are the way to go.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Having used my Hi-lift in the garage as my only jack to put the vehicle on jackstands, i would only use it to change a tire if there was no other option. (and i am pretty creative so that prob won't happen).
Your bottle jack is your safest bet if you need to change a tire. With the OME lift and 33's it can still reach high enough to lift the tires in the air.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
MIGZ i will be over this weekend with a sawzall and a jack hammer. Let's just install a lift in your garage. One problem though you might have to move some of your other toys out of the way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts