Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my FJ last month and really wanted the heavy rubber floor mats. I was told that they are not available due to last years recall. So now I am looking at aftermarket catalogs. Most catalogs do not list the FJ (i am thinking this is due to #s out there). So are there any that are compatabile that I might want to look under? ie something like the Toyota Tundra or Tacoma?

Thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
check ebay , they turn up on a regular basis. good luck
he's right if you don't mind paying some a$$hole $300 for a set of used mats that you could buy new for less than $100 six months ago. I've heard that the new All-Weather Mats for the FJ will be available in the Spring. Who knows. Since I didn't want to wait till spring or get my pants pulled down on the OEM mats I went with Husky Liners. Most people will tell you that they are better and they definitely give you more coverage. The fit is great and they definitely do the job better than any of the competitors. They make a driver's and passenger's side separate mat. A rear seat mat that is one piece and they even make a rear cargo area mat although I went OEM on this one since they're still available everywhere and cheap. Good Luck!

follow the link to Street Side Auto.. That's where I bought mine and you can usually even find a coupon to make them cheaper if you look around.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had the same problem, just went with OEM mats since mine apparently didnt come with them....

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hmm... well for starters WeatherTech's mats are ugly, poorly designed, and over-priced. Aside from that there's no difference between the 11's and the 10's so if you really want them the mats for the 10's would fit.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Hmm... well for starters WeatherTech's mats are ugly, poorly designed, and over-priced. Aside from that there's no difference between the 11's and the 10's so if you really want them the mats for the 10's would fit.
I'm going to have to second that most of that motion. I ordered Weather tech's for my 2011 (used the 2010 spec). They are not even close to fitting. Now it is not to say they are not quality mats or nice-looking, but I'm thinking it's a farce that they say they make the mats custom for each vehicle.

I ended up putting the rear ones I purchased in my spouses 2011 Highlander and I'm not sure if I'll use the front ones. They look like they'll need some work.

Hopefully, Toyota will put out OEM rubber mats soon.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm going to have to second that most of that motion. I ordered Weather tech's for my 2011 (used the 2010 spec). They are not even close to fitting. Now it is not to say they are not quality mats or nice-looking, but I'm thinking it's a farce that they say they make the mats custom for each vehicle.

I ended up putting the rear ones I purchased in my spouses 2011 Highlander and I'm not sure if I'll use the front ones. They look like they'll need some work.

Hopefully, Toyota will put out OEM rubber mats soon.
WeatherTech Digital Liners (custom fit) are supposed to be released for the FJ in the next couple of months. Since WeatherTech has not yet released liners for the FJ, you must have bought "mats" which are more of a universal fit product vs. "liners".

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Add another vote for the Husky liners.

They fit like a glove, look nice and do their job extremely well.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Add another vote for the Husky liners.

They fit like a glove, look nice and do their job extremely well.
...and another one...:clap:

Just get the HUSKY floormats and don't look back.
I picked up a full set used for $100 off of Craigslist this fall.
Keep a look out for them used.

KyFJGuy

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
...and another one...:clap:

Just get the HUSKY floormats and don't look back.
I picked up a full set used for $100 off of Craigslist this fall.
Keep a look out for them used.

KyFJGuy
Or if you're impatient like me, I got mine from StreetSide for about $120 for the set (front & rear). They always have free shipping, and like Slim mentioned, they have coupons floating around all over the place.

If you need anything else from them, they just sent me a coupon code (A3011) for $30 off orders over $225, good through Tuesday.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Or if you're impatient like me, I got mine from StreetSide for about $120 for the set (front & rear). They always have free shipping, and like Slim mentioned, they have coupons floating around all over the place.

If you need anything else from them, they just sent me a coupon code (A3011) for $30 off orders over $225, good through Tuesday.
...and don't forget the rear cargo mat too. It's nice to be able to take it out and hose it off when it gets dirty.

KyFJGuy

·
Registered
170 Posts
i went Husky and am very happy.

Stay awat from Weathertec they stain from salt and do not fit nearly as well as they should/could. I was soo dissapointed when I spent the money on 2 sets for 2 cars a few years ago. I would never spend that kind of money again.

·
Registered
52 Posts

I got a set of the Husky front mats from StreetSide auto, $62.00 and free shipping. Fit like a glove, just popped them onto the floor hooks. Now I am looking for a good cargo liner and something that can extend over the back seats when the are folded down.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Another vote for the Husky floor liners. I just bought my 2010 FJC 6 weeks ago and it came with carpet mats from the factory and priced out on the sticker at over $250. They were crap. They slid around under my feet, didn't cover the entire floor area, and more dirt ended up under them than on them.

I labored over the WeatherTec vs. Husky. I traded a Land Rover and had bought the WeatherTec for the cargo liner in that. It worked great for the 10 years I owned the LR, but I always had heartburn over the cost.

Again, I found the cost ridiculous for WeatherTec and decided to try the Husky floor liners and cargo liner (they were about 1/2 the price). They are awesome. Fit great and look good. I've tracked mud and snow salt into the FJ and they clean up with no problem. It is a bit of a pain the first couple of times you take them out b/c the cutouts for the floor hooks are a really snug fit (getting easier each time).

NOTE: For those in the market be sure to notice that floor liners are a bit different from floor mats. Be sure to look at pictures to make sure this is the look you want. The liners are molded to fit perfectly on the floor and have a lip to catch water/snow, etc. Floor mats will just sit flat on the floor.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
The wife got a set of the WeatherTech Digital Fit mats for her 2010 Nissan Frontier. They fit perfect. Can't get them for the 07 FJ. I'll have to try those Husky Liners if I ever need a new non OEM set.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Charlie's right... If you're looking for a "Floor Mat Look," that isn't really what you're getting with the Husky's. I take a buddy of mine to the gym with me all the time and he never even noticed that I had liners in to begin with. He just thought my Husky's were the original floor of the truck. That's the thing about the Husky's, they are low profile but heavy duty. They fit perfectly and are built to be abused. The tall lips provide great coverage and can hold a huge quantity of mud, snow, dirt etc.

NOTE: These do come with the holes designed to fit the safety pegs on the floor, so before you wrestle with them for 10 minutes trying to force the square peg through the triangle hole, just grab a philips head and lightly work the holes in (feel free to insert comments here). It won't take much and then they'll slip right on.

I got these for the front and back row seating but since the All-Weather Cargo Mat from Toyota was still available, I picked that up for the rear. It's definitely cooler looking but having used both, it isn't as functional. Seeing as I don't track mud, snow, dirt into the back of my rig, it isn't an issue. But if you see yourself using the back like the bed of pickup, I'd definitely get the rear Husky Liner as well.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Toyota All-Weather Mat Update**

Don't get too excited but while I was waiting at the dealership today I asked a sales guy about the all weather mats and he said that he expected to see them pretty soon. He showed me the new and improved Tundra All-Weather mats that just showed up and based on their arrival, he figured he'd see the FJ's mats in the not too distant future.

That said, there is bad news. The new and improved Tundra mat was improved by making it much thinner and therefore cheap as $hit looking. I'm guessing that's so you can successfully stack 9 of them before getting your gas pedal stuck and spending 5 minutes on the phone with your cousin before killing yourself (but that's just a guess).

AND... that doesn't necessarily mean the same thing will happen with the FJ Mats... Seeing as there wasn't a single instance of this issue on an FJ... or a Tundra... for that matter, who knows what the new mats will look like.. Hopefully they're just like the old ones... Fortunately for me.. I already have a set. :thefinger:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts