Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FJ came with carpet mats. Plenty of snow and mud here so I'm thinking of switching to rubber. Any pros or cons either way? Do we have a supporting vendor that deals in OEM mats or is that a direct from a dealer or Ebay thing?

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,215 Posts
I have the old discontinued rubber mats and they are nice. They hold a lot of melted snow and mud. I've used the Husky brand on other vehicles and they were good.

As for a vendor, check out TRDparts4u.com and member Wilson who is the man there. He'll probably be along soon to say Hi.

·
Premium Member
12,211 Posts
Mine came with the factory rubber mats, they made it through 5 nasty winters in Canada and held up very well and still look good today. No experience with the Husky liners.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
My FJ came with carpet mats. Plenty of snow and mud here so I'm thinking of switching to rubber. Any pros or cons either way? Do we have a supporting vendor that deals in OEM mats or is that a direct from a dealer or Ebay thing?
No-go for carpet mats in snow and mud! :rocker: its hard to even give the FJ carpet mats away!

Rubber is only way to go. I love the fact that there is no cloth or carpet in a stock FJ other than the weather resistant seats. I pretty much clean the entire inside of my truck with a wet microfiber towel, including the seats.....and I have an eternally filthy dog that rolls in the dirt all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
452 Posts
Seriously, I wouldn't keep the carpet mats. You are just asking for stains and they will wear out long before the factory rubbers, no experience with the Husky brand altho they look hefty. Wait, what'd I say?!?:lol:

·
Admin
7,119 Posts
Carpet mats = useless.
My stock rubber cargo mat is dying a quick death with sliding things in and out. The other aftermarket ones may be more durable. I have no complaints with the rest of my rubber mats though. (all stock)
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Mine came with the rubber mats so I am sticking with them. If it had come with the carpet I think I would have moved to the Husky rubber mats.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Replace the carpets before it starts to snow here, they just don't work here. Either Weathertech or Husky are so much better.

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,863 Posts
I would get some sort of rubber. My carpet ones did well with a bit of mud recently. They still let a lot of dirt under them. I just power washed them off and they look like new again.

I like the carpet ones for long trips as I am usually in flip-flops with my heel down on the floor.

·
Registered
429 Posts
The first "mod" I did was to order the newer style Toyota FJ Rubber lock down mats and retire the new carpet ones - anyone want them pm me and pay shipping, they are yours. My driveway is rock and mud, which doesn't mix with carpet.

·
Premium Member
16,569 Posts
I would stick with the rubber mats, better at holding the mud and water. :bigthumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts