Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in my first six months, and first winter, with my 2007 FJ. Previously I had a 2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport, soft top.

My Jeep could quickly heat up and be toasty, with the soft top and cold weather. I know it was a smaller vehicle than my FJ, but... I never really feel any warmth on my feet when driving. I can have the fan on high, aimed just to my feet, and never feel anything. More than once I've put the FJ in park, got out and felt for the heat - it's coming out on the floorboard, and is hot... but it's just not cutting it.

I can get the FJ warm inside and comfortable, but I always feel like my feet are cold.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think quite a few members have pulled up the floor covering and installed insulation between it and the metal.

(That or Musk ox boots lol)
That was a thought I had... wondering how challenging that would be to do.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pulling up the flooring by the driver's feet is easy. Remove the dead pedal by yanking straight out, remove the trim panel next to that by taking off the handscrew. Then just remove the kick panel by pulling up. The vinyl flooring is now loose in that area. Should be able to slip something under it.
Any suggestions of what that something should be? I'm far from a mechanic... but I can follow directions pretty well!

·
Premium Member
8,083 Posts
Any suggestions of what that something should be? I'm far from a mechanic... but I can follow directions pretty well!
I don't even know if it's going to work, but maybe some carped underlayment. I found some pretty thick rubberized carpet underlayment at Lowe's. I put it in my headliner to kill noise and plan to add some more throughout the FJ just to make it quieter. Never heard of cold feet in the FJ tho. Try two pairs of socks? :lol:

Another item to check is the cabin air filter. If it's dirty it can create inefficiencies and make the AC and heater seem ineffective.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Someone that I know that has a Jeep says they are notorious for having transmissions that run hot. I haven't verified that fact, but maybe that's why it warmed up quicker?

I don't think that adding extra padding will really help in the FJ. Maybe you can reroute the rear passenger foot vent under the front seats to aim forward and give you warmer air?

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Someone that I know that has a Jeep says they are notorious for having transmissions that run hot. I haven't verified that fact, but maybe that's why it warmed up quicker?

I don't think that adding extra padding will really help in the FJ. Maybe you can reroute the rear passenger foot vent under the front seats to aim forward and give you warmer air?
Interesting idea, that could be a nice solution? Personally, I think it's manageable the way it is, but I do have husky liners plus carpeting, so there maybe something working for me already? GL

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Have you checked your cabin filter to make sure its not clogged with dirt ? My FJ warms my feet quickly and has great air flow. I usually have to crack the window so as not to cook my face :)

Reactions: Winterpeg

·
Admin
7,898 Posts
My feet get TOO hot.

Are you wearing sandals in the winter?

If you are wearing appropriate footwear for winter... and are having issues in 12 degree weather (-11C)... which I consider almost summer weather ;) then something is blocked or something.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My feet get TOO hot.

Are you wearing sandals in the winter?

If you are wearing appropriate footwear for winter... and are having issues in 12 degree weather (-11C)... which I consider almost summer weather ;) then something is blocked or something.
No sandals - dress shoes, boots or tennis shoes.

Like I mentioned early on, I can put my hand down and feel the heat coming out of the vent. It just doesn't feel like it's getting warm at all. I am definitely going to try the cabin filter.

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts