Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, it all began back in the summer of 2006. I saw my first picture of the FJ on the internet and thought man I would love to have on of those. I always wanted an FJ-40, but when they came out with the new FJ I wanted it bad. I was planning on waiting another year before buying a new vehicle but thought hey, couldn't hurt just to take a test drive. My wife and I drove to Nashville, TN, (at the time, the only place nearby that had one on the lot so we could test drive) after the test drive it was all over. I returned home with this...

Placed my order the next weekend. It was the longest 4 weeks of all time. Finally got it, Black Diamond, auto, rear locker etc....

At this point, came across this forum and the obsession began. I had originally planned on waiting for a while before wheeling the FJ. Thought I would be able to wait till it was closer to being paid for. Thanks to my fellow forum members and all the pics, I had to get out on the trials and have fun with the FJ the way it was intended and the way I really wanted. Ordered the Bandi Mount and bought a CB and thought I was ready to go. There was only one problem. My first trip was the Coon Creek Crawl in Dyersburg, TN. This is when I got to meet some of the great people on here. The problem was, my FJ now appeared to be to small as I parked beside "JoshW" RC 3" lift, and "TennesseeSquire" RC 6" lift. The picture below is in the Rough Country Parking lot in Dyersburg. I got to tour their facilities and it was this very day that I purchased the the Rough Country 3" lift and some used OEM rock rails. I got the lift installed that night and the next morning bolted up the rock rails. The fun was just beginning.

Before Lift

After Lift

Ever since this ride it has been mod fever. It was finally time for the Dunlops to go. I just recently put on a set of 285/70/17 BFG AT KO's.

Next it was time to mount the Hi Lift. I used the Demello Mounts.

Then, time to up the protection. Called Bud and BudBuilt. Great guy. Ordered a full set of skids.

I would like to personally thank everyone here on the Forum and all the friends I have made so far for providing me with the great ideas to get my FJ to this point. This site has provided insight into every mod I have so far. Now, the FJ is looking better than ever and is ready for action....

And a few pics of the action.

Just recently installed a front receiver hitch built by NCJF. Gives me the ability to leave the winch at home when not needed. Still putting together the rest of the needed parts to get the winch ready.

Hopefully this buildup will help inspire someone who really wants to wheel their FJ and has been waiting like I was before I took the plunge.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Me likey!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great write up Jason. Happy to know that my husband played a big part in your weakness for mods. I'm just happy that Jeri is so sweet and understanding of this whole FJ sickness that we have. It's nice to have someone like you be apart of the SMC gang. :)
Thanks! Couldn't ask for a better group of people to wheel and swap FJ stories with:) .

·
Registered
85 Posts
Lookin' good. Cool pics!

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Great looking rig, It's definitley given me the mod bug!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice build. Those buds look good in black!
Thanks, I did not paint myself though. They are the black powdercoat that Bud keeps in stock. It saved a lot of time and trouble to not have to paint.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great looking rig, It's definitley given me the mod bug!
Thanks, after a couple of mods you will think your done for a while and then :thinkerg: you think of one more thing you need. I guess the madness never stops.:)

·
Premium Member
16,419 Posts
Nice rig, look's great!

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
brick, your ride rocks!!
i hope your replacement air compressor works better than the last one. i am sure it will.:)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts