1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I imported an FJ from USA.
It wont tune to certain frequencies.
for instance it skips 95.8 and 94.4
IS there away for radio to recieve these frequencies ?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Probably not. North American FM bands use odd digits for the offset frequency. The FM band in North America is from 87.5 MHz to 108 MHz, with the centre frequencies being odd numbered, such as 88.9, 105.7, etc....

·
Registered
192 Posts
I would try and find a ham radio dealer/repair place. Or find whom ever sells and services radios for the local police/fire/ambulance services. They might be able to re-crystal the radio for your country. I don't know if it is possible though.

·
Registered
927 Posts
majelan im thinking youre from the uae because u mentioned 95.8 and 94.4 (popular radio stations), today i will be replace a screen from abu dhabi especially for the FJ so upgrade to that :)

·
Registered
872 Posts
I would try and find a ham radio dealer/repair place. Or find whom ever sells and services radios for the local police/fire/ambulance services. They might be able to re-crystal the radio for your country. I don't know if it is possible though.
Yeah, I would go with upgrading the entire HU at that point

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts
Are you using the scan feature? Scan only picks up active freqs. You should be able to manually roll thru those freqs. Maybe I am wrong.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Are you using the scan feature? Scan only picks up active freqs. You should be able to manually roll thru those freqs. Maybe I am wrong.

DEWFPO
Still probably wouldn't work. The band pass filters inside the radio are tuned for the odd off-centre frequencies. His best bet is just purchase a new radio... :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes Iam from Abudhabi ,I was thinking of Kenwood, but the Dvd bluetooth Navigation version of unknown brands are very tempting cost wise especially if a waranty is given.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Yes Iam from Abudhabi ,I was thinking of Kenwood, but the Dvd bluetooth Navigation version of unknown brands are very tempting cost wise especially if a waranty is given.
id you go to al salam street you will fimd one for the fj for 2000 dirhams that has everything you can imagine including the reverse camera my brother is getting it with him now hes on his way to the states :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts